Subject: IETF-106 agenda?

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 14:15:35 -0400

Working Group,

A session request had gone in for IETF 106 to accommodate the need for a
possible session.  The agenda, to this point, had been left as an open
question primarily to accommodate need to close on lingering questions in
active work.  In particular, this was for two items:

- BFD for vxlan
- BFD for Large Packets

(For transparency, I am an author on BFD for large packets)

As of this afternoon, we seem to have drafts submitted that cover the known
open issues on both of these drafts.  In particular, the work to get us to
the latest draft for the vxlan document took over 150 messages.

If BFD meets, agenda time was primarily reserved to reconcile open issues on
these documents.

Discussion on BFDv2 is currently deferred for next IETF to focus the Working
Group's limited attention on closing open work.

That said, if we have other topics to consider, please submit them for
consideration.  If we have no such topics, and the discussion on the above
two drafts seems likely to conclude well over e-mail, we may consider
canceling the session.

As a final note, since Reshad is unable to make it to IETF-106, if we do
decide to continue with our meeting, we will require the commitment for a
minutes taker.  Reshad and I often will cover that for each other over the
course of a session, but I won't be able to sustain that on my own.

-- Jeff, for the chairs.

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 13:27:08 -0700

Hi Jeff, et al.,
I think that it will be of interest to the group to get an update on the
draft-mirmin-bfd-extended. We've added details on the use of the Padding
TLV.
Also, would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the status
of draft-mirsky-bfd-mpls-demand at the meeting.

Regards,
Greg

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 14:19:55 -0500

Greg.

> On Nov 1, 2019, at 4:27 PM, Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I think that it will be of interest to the group to get an update on the draft-mirmin-bfd-extended. We've added details on the use of the Padding TLV.

As noted previously, we will be deferring this work for next IETF.

> Also, would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the status of draft-mirsky-bfd-mpls-demand at the meeting.

Our agenda is likely to be light, and a small amount of time can be reserved - say 10 minutes.  However, there are strict requirements on the slides since we'd previously discussed this at IETF-105 and on-list:

Your slides need to clearly demonstrate what you think is missing from RFC 5880 procedures.

In particular, from our prior discussions:
- 5880 describes entering and leaving demand mode.
- Previous discussion clarified that a change of the status field is a reason to do a poll sequence to notify the remote end of the new status.  (See text from concatenated paths mode 6.8.17 describing one such scenario.)  We agreed that an errata could potentially be filed to clarify this document wide.

So, we will need what exact protocol normative behavior is missing.

-- Jeff

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 14:32:00 -0500

Working Group,

We will be attempting to meet at IETF-106.  There's just enough business to
discuss to warrant using our time slot.

Note as below: We do not currently have a minutes taker.  If we do not have
one (ideally volunteering ahead of time) by meeting start time, we will
suspend without a meeting.

The authors of BFD for vxlan are requested to prepare slides covering
changes since the last IETF and a summary of the rather energetic discussion
we've had since that meeting.  Additionally, please summarize the open
issues since we have a few still being discussed on the list.

Please recall that BFD is meeting on Tuesday.  Please send me your slides by
Sunday.

-----

Current targeted agenda:

Chairs update:
  5 mins - Jeff Haas

BFD for vxlan: 
  15 minutes - TBD

BFD for Large Packets:
  5 minutes - Jeff

BFD Demand Mode:
  10 minutes - Greg

Using One-Arm BFD in Cloud Network:
  10 minutes

-- Jeff

---

From: "Carlos Pignataro (cpignata)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 19:49:44 +0000

2019/11/01 午後4:27、Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>のメール:

Hi Jeff, et al.,

Is there a word for a recursive recurrent déjà vu?

Kindly,

Carlos.

Regards,
Greg

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 11:12 AM Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
Working Group,

- BFD for vxlan
- BFD for Large Packets

-- Jeff, for the chairs.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 14:48:47 +0800 (CST)

Hi Jeff,

I could be one minutes taker if no others experienced volunteered.

Best Regards,

Xiao Min

原始邮件

发件人：JeffreyHaas <[email-masked]>
收件人：[email-masked] <[email-masked]>;
抄送人：Reshad Rahman (rrahman) <[email-masked]>;
日 期 ：2019年11月10日 03:28
主 题 ：Re: IETF-106 agenda?

Working Group,

-----

Current targeted agenda:

Chairs update:
  5 mins - Jeff Haas

BFD for vxlan: 
  15 minutes - TBD

BFD for Large Packets:
  5 minutes - Jeff

BFD Demand Mode:
  10 minutes - Greg

-- Jeff

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 03:15:10 -0500

Xiao Min,

> I could be one minutes taker if no others experienced volunteered.

Thank you.  That's all we need.  And with etherpad others may help too.  

-- Jeff