Subject: Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-bfd-vxlan-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 05:22:43 -0800

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bfd-vxlan-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-vxlan/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: I didn't not see a reply to the original issue raised by the TSV-ART
review (Thanks Olivier!). Please have a lock and provide a response. I don't
think this raises discuss level but I think some clarifications would be good!

This document describes the use of BFD in VXLAN, however, it does not specify
any new protocol elements or extension. Therefore I would expect such a
document to be informational. The shepherd write-up doesn't give any additional
information about why this doc is PS.

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 08:41:38 -0800

Hi Mirja and Olivier,
I apologize that some of Olivier's comments were not addressed. I've
responded to Olivier's detailed comments in
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/rtg-bfd/?q=Tsvart%20last%20call. I
much appreciate your help in identifying the remaining questions and
comments.

Regards,
Greg

---

From: Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 18:13:00 +0100

Hi Greg,

I also saw that you replied to Carlos comments but I don’t think I saw a reply to Olivier’s initial mail. The link you’ve sent below seems also a link to one of Carlos replies.

See here for Olivier’s review:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-bfd-vxlan-07-tsvart-lc-bonaventure-2019-05-31/

Mirja

> On 10. Dec 2019, at 17:41, Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Mirja and Olivier,
> I apologize that some of Olivier's comments were not addressed. I've responded to Olivier's detailed comments in https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/rtg-bfd/?q=Tsvart%20last%20call. I much appreciate your help in identifying the remaining questions and comments. 
> 
> Regards,
> Greg
> 
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 5:22 AM Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 15:58:00 -0800

Hi Mirja,
my apologies for the delayed response and inaccurate reference to my
response to Olivier's comments. I've responded to his comments on June 17th
with this email
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/rtg-bfd/yCJ3ItIjT5j5rSgrargnQM-Sx-0.
Please let me know if I've missed to address, through two updates to the
document, any of Olivier's comments.

Regards,
Greg

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 9:13 AM Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> I also saw that you replied to Carlos comments but I don’t think I saw a
> reply to Olivier’s initial mail. The link you’ve sent below seems also a
> link to one of Carlos replies.
>
> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/rtg-bfd/?q=Tsvart%20last%20call.
> I much appreciate your help in identifying the remaining questions and
> comments.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Greg
> >
> > Please refer to
> https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html