Subject: Re:Adoption call for draft-cw-bfd-unaffiliated-echo (ending 16 August, 2020)

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 12:12:25 +0800 (CST)

I support WG adoption of this draft (as co-author). It simplifies the BFD deployment for the use cases showed in the draft.

Regards,

Aihua Liu

---

From: Yisong Liu<[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Aug 2020 16:04:20 +0800

Hi all

I support the adoption of the draft.

Thanks

Yisong

-----邮件原件-----发件人: Rtg-bfd [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表 Jeffrey Haas
发送时间: 2020年8月4日 21:16
收件人: [email-masked]
主题: Adoption call for draft-cw-bfd-unaffiliated-echo (ending 16 August,
2020)

Working Group,

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cw-bfd-unaffiliated-echo/

At the virtual IETF 108, Unaffiliated BFD Echo Function was presented.  This
is a followup of a presentation given at IETF 106.

The authors have indicated they would like to have this work adopted by the
BFD WG.  This begins the adoption call ending August 16.  Please respond to
the mailing list with your thoughts on this adoption.

It should be noted that this document overlaps work in the Broadband Forum
(BBF) document TR-146.  As noted in the presentation, the BBF document lacks
some clarity and also doesn't discuss interactions with BFD implementations.
This draft has good clarifications with regard to implementations of this
mechanism when the a BFD Echo-capable implementation is used.

This raises two points to consider as part of adoption:
- This document with its current goals would Update RFC 5880.
- The status of this document would need to be Proposed Standard.

-- Jeff

---

From: [email-masked]<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 17:49:19 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Hi all,

I support the adoption.

Thanks,

Peng

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Rtg-bfd [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表 Jeffrey Haas
发送时间: 2020年8月4日 21:16
收件人: [email-masked]
主题: Adoption call for draft-cw-bfd-unaffiliated-echo (ending 16 August,
2020)

Working Group,

-- Jeff