Subject: IESG agenda for 2006-03-16 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 04:00:01 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2006-03-16).

Updated 2:2:25 EDT, March 13, 2006
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

          2.1.1 New Item

            Area  Date

            INT         Four-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 1 of
                        8
                        Resolution of FQDN Conflicts among DHCP Clients
                        (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 8
                        draft-ietf-dhc-ddns-resolution-11.txt
                        A DNS RR for Encoding DHCP Information (DHCID
                        RR) (Proposed Standard)
                        draft-ietf-dnsext-dhcid-rr-12.txt
                        The DHCP Client FQDN Option (Proposed Standard)
                        draft-ietf-dhc-fqdn-option-12.txt
                        The DHCPv6 Client FQDN Option (Proposed
                        Standard)
                        draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-fqdn-04.txt
                 Token: Margaret Wasserman
                        Definitions of Managed Objects for Remote Ping,
            OPS  Feb 23 Traceroute, and Lookup Operations (Proposed
                        Standard) - 2 of 8
                        draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-v2-09.txt [Open
                        Web Ballot]
                        Note: IETF Last Call ends March 9th.
                        Sofar only one minor comment has been received.
                 Token: Bert Wijnen
            OPS  Feb 23 Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 3 of 8
                        NETCONF Configuration Protocol (Proposed
                        Standard) - 3 of 8
                        draft-ietf-netconf-prot-12.txt
                        Using the NETCONF Configuration Protocol over
                        Secure Shell (SSH) (Proposed Standard)
                        draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-06.txt
                 Token: Bert Wijnen
                        Cable Device Management Information Base for
                        Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specification
            OPS  Mar 8  Compliant Cable Modems and Cable Modem
                        Termination Systems (Proposed Standard) - 4 of
                        8
                        draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-11.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: PROTO-shepherding by Jean Francois:
                        [email-masked]
                 Token: Bert Wijnen
            RAI         RTP Payload Format for H.261 Video Streams
                        (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 8
                        draft-ietf-avt-rfc2032-bis-13.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: Last Call ends 3-16 /  PROTO shepherd:
                        [email-masked] / media types
                        review: http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/
                        ietf-types/2006-February/001653.html
                 Token: Allison Mankin
            SEC         Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL)
                        (Proposed Standard) - 6 of 8
                        draft-ietf-sasl-rfc2222bis-15.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Sam Hartman
            RAI         MIME type registration for RTP Payload format
                        for H.224 (Proposed Standard) - 7 of 8
                        draft-ietf-avt-mime-h224-05.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: Last Call ends 3/16 / PROTO shepherd:
                        [email-masked] / media types
                        review: http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/
                        ietf-types/2006-February/001654.html
                 Token: Allison Mankin
            OPS  Mar 8  Remote Network Monitoring MIB Extensions for
                        Switch Networks Version 1.0 (Draft) - 8 of 8
                        rfc2613.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                        Note: IETF Last Call ends on March 9th
                 Token: Bert Wijnen

          2.1.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

                         Encapsulation Methods for Transport of Frame
             INT         Relay Over MPLS Networks (Proposed Standard) -
                         1 of 1
                         draft-ietf-pwe3-frame-relay-07.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Mark Townsley

     2.2 Individual Submissions

           2.2.1 New Item

              Area  Date

                          The AES-CMAC-PRF-128 Algorithm for the
              SEC         Internet Key Exchange Protocol (IKE)
                          (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 3
                          draft-songlee-aes-cmac-prf-128-03.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                   Token: Russ Housley
                          Experimental Values In IPv4, IPv6, ICMPv4,
              INT         ICMPv6, UDP and TCP Headers (Proposed
                          Standard) - 2 of 3
                          draft-fenner-iana-exp-2780-02.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: Please evaluate the -03 version at:
                          http://rtg.ietf.org/~fenner/tmp/
                          draft-fenner-iana-exp-2780-03.txt
                   Token: Margaret Wasserman
                          Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGA)
              INT         Extension Field Format (Proposed Standard) -
                          3 of 3
                          draft-bagnulo-cga-ext-01.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Margaret Wasserman

           2.2.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

3. Document Actions

      3.1 WG Submissions

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

             3.1.1 New Item

                 Area  Date

                 TSV         A Roadmap for TCP Specification Documents
                             (Informational) - 1 of 2
                             draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-roadmap-06.txt [Open
                             Web Ballot]
                             Note: PROTO Shepherd: Mark Allman
                      Token: Jon Peterson
                 RTG         A Path Computation Element (PCE) Based
                             Architecture (Informational) - 2 of 2
                             draft-ietf-pce-architecture-04.txt
                      Token: Alex Zinin

             3.1.2 Returning Item
                   NONE

      3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

           3.2.1 New Item

              Area  Date

              APP         JavaScript Object Notation (JSON)
                          (Informational) - 1 of 3
                          draft-crockford-jsonorg-json-04.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Scott Hollenbeck
                          Experimental Procedure for Long Term
              GEN         Suspensions from Mailing Lists (Experimental)
                          - 2 of 3
                          draft-hartman-mailinglist-experiment-01.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                          Note: Last call ends March 15
                   Token: Brian Carpenter
              OPS  Mar 8  Transferring MIB Work from IETF Bridge WG to
                          IEEE 802.1 WG (Informational) - 3 of 3
                          draft-harrington-8021-mib-transition-01.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                          Note: IETF Last Call ends on March 17th.
                          Some IETF Last Call comments (mainly
                          editorial) have been received.
                          I'd like to see IESG comments as well, so we
                          can do one more revision during IETF week and
                          then hopefully be done with this one.
                   Token: Bert Wijnen

           3.2.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

      3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

          The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
          found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2)
          The
          IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
          <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
          that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
          not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
          document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
          IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval.

          Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
          to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

                3.3.1 New Item
                      NONE
                3.3.2 Returning Item
                      NONE

4. Working Group Actions

          4.1 WG Creation

                    4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE
       4.2 WG Rechartering

                 4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                     NONE
              4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                     Area  Date
                     SEC  Feb 21 Security Issues in Network Event
                                 Logging (syslog) - 1 of 1
                          Token: Sam

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News