Subject: IESG agenda for 2008-05-08 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 04:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2008-05-08).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

      2.1 WG Submissions

           2.1.1 New Item

              Area  Date

                          The Internet Assigned Number Authority (IANA)
              RAI         tel Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
                          Parameter Registry (Proposed Standard) - 1 of
                          12
                          draft-ietf-iptel-tel-reg-05.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: Jonathan Rosenberg is Proto Shepherd
                   Token: Jon Peterson
              RAI         Instant Message Disposition Notification
                          (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 12
                          draft-ietf-simple-imdn-07.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Jon Peterson
              RTG         PIM Bootstrap Router MIB (Proposed Standard)
                          - 3 of 12
                          draft-ietf-pim-bsr-mib-05.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: David Ward
              RTG         Layer 1 VPN Basic Mode (Proposed Standard) -
                          4 of 12
                          draft-ietf-l1vpn-basic-mode-04.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: David Ward
                          MPLS Upstream Label Assignment and
              RTG         Context-Specific Label Space (Proposed
                          Standard) - 5 of 12
                          draft-ietf-mpls-upstream-label-05.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                   Token: Ross Callon
              RTG         MPLS Multicast Encapsulations (Proposed
                          Standard) - 6 of 12
                          draft-ietf-mpls-multicast-encaps-09.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                   Token: Ross Callon
              RTG         OSPF Based Layer 1 VPN Auto-Discovery
                          (Proposed Standard) - 7 of 12
                          draft-ietf-l1vpn-ospf-auto-discovery-05.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: David Ward
                          Specification for the Derivation of Root Keys
              SEC         from an Extended Master Session Key (EMSK)
                          (Proposed Standard) - 8 of 12
                          draft-ietf-hokey-emsk-hierarchy-05.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                          Note: proto shepherd is Charles Clancy
                   Token: Tim Polk
              RTG         BGP-based Auto-Discovery for Layer-1 VPNs
                          (Proposed Standard) - 9 of 12
                          draft-ietf-l1vpn-bgp-auto-discovery-04.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: David Ward
              RTG         LDP extension for Inter-Area LSP (Proposed
                          Standard) - 10 of 12
                          draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-interarea-03.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                   Token: Ross Callon
              APP         IMAP CONVERT extension (Proposed Standard) -
                          11 of 12
                          draft-ietf-lemonade-convert-18.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: Eric Burger is the document shepherd
                   Token: Chris Newman
              TSV         User-Defined Errors for RSVP (Proposed
                          Standard) - 12 of 12
                          draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-user-error-spec-07.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: Magnus Westerlund

           2.1.2 Returning Item

                Area  Date

                RTG         OSPF for IPv6 (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 1
                            draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-update-21.txt [Open
                            Web Ballot]
                     Token: David Ward

      2.2 Individual Submissions

              2.2.1 New Item

                   Area  Date

                   APP         Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (Draft
                               Standard) - 1 of 1
                               draft-klensin-rfc2821bis-10.txt [Open
                               Web Ballot]
                        Token: Lisa Dusseault

              2.2.2 Returning Item
                    NONE

3. Document Actions

      3.1 WG Submissions

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

             3.1.1 New Item

                Area  Date

                OPS         Guidelines for IP Flow Information eXport
                            (IPFIX) Testing (Informational) - 1 of 2
                            draft-ietf-ipfix-testing-05.txt [Open Web
                            Ballot]
                            Note: Nevil Brownlee is the PROTO shepherd
                     Token: Dan Romascanu
                OPS         IPv6 Unicast Address Assignment
                            Considerations (Informational) - 2 of 2
                            draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-07.txt [Open Web
                            Ballot]
                     Token: Ron Bonica

             3.1.2 Returning Item
                   NONE

      3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.2.1 New Item

            Area  Date

                        The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
            GEN         P-Served-User Private-Header (P-Header)
                        (Informational) - 1 of 2
                        draft-vanelburg-sipping-served-user-05.txt
                        [Open Web Ballot]
                 Token: Jon Peterson
            GEN         Experience of implementing NETCONF over SOAP
                        (Informational) - 2 of 2
                        draft-iijima-netconf-soap-implementation-07.txt
                        [Open Web Ballot]
                 Token: Dan Romascanu

          3.2.2 Returning Item

               Area  Date

               INT         SAVA Testbed and Experiences to Date
                           (Experimental) - 1 of 1
                           draft-wu-sava-testbed-experience-04.txt
                           [Open Web Ballot]
                    Token: Jari Arkko

      3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

          The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
          found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2)
          The
          IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
          <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
          that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
          not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
          document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
          IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval.

          The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in
          the Data Tracker note and supply complete text in the IESG
          Note portion of the write-up. The Area Director ballot
          positions
          indicate consensus with the response proposed by the
          document shepherd.

          Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments
          will
          be passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the
          document.

             3.3.1 New Item

                 Area  Date

                 GEN         Three-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] -
                             1 of 1
                             Licklider Transmission Protocol -
                             Specification (Experimental) - 1 of 1
                             draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-09.txt
                             Note: Recommend RFC 3932 response #1: The
                             IESG has not found any
                             conflict between this document and IETF
                             work.
                             Licklider Transmission Protocol - Security
                             Extensions (Experimental)
                             draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-extensions-07.txt
                             Note: Recommend RFC 3932 response #1: The
                             IESG has not found any
                             conflict between this document and IETF
                             work.
                             Licklider Transmission Protocol -
                             Motivation (Informational)
                             draft-irtf-dtnrg-ltp-motivation-06.txt
                             Note: Recommend RFC 3932 response #1: The
                             IESG has not found any
                             conflict between this document and IETF
                             work.
                      Token: Russ Housley

             3.3.2 Returning Item
                   NONE
      3.3.3 For Action

          Area  Date

          SEC         Syntax for binding documents with time stamps
                      (Informational) - 1 of 1
                      draft-santoni-timestampeddata-03.txt
               Token: Tim Polk

4. Working Group Actions

       4.1 WG Creation

              4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                     Area  Date
                     INT  Apr 28 Source Address Validation Improvements
                                 (savi) - 1 of 2
                          Token: Jari
                     RAI  May 1  Data for Reachability of Inter/
                                 tra-NetworK SIP (drinks) - 2 of 2
                          Token: Jon

                 4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                     NONE
         4.2 WG Rechartering

                  4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                           Area  Date
                           OPS  Apr 30 RADIUS EXTensions (radext) - 1
                                       of 1
                                Token: Dan

                   4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                       NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 Should default welcome message for IETF lists have the Note Well
(Cullen Jennings)

7. Working Group News