Subject: IESG agenda for 2008-09-11 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 04:00:09 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2008-09-11).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

      2.1 WG Submissions

            2.1.1 New Item

               Area  Date

                           RTP Payload Format for Adaptive TRansform
               RAI         Acoustic Coding (ATRAC) Family (Proposed
                           Standard) - 1 of 2
                           draft-ietf-avt-rtp-atrac-family-18.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                           Note: Document Shepherd is Tom Taylor
                           <[email-masked]>.
                    Token: Cullen Jennings
                           Sieve Email Filtering: Reject and Extended
               APP         Reject Extensions (Proposed Standard) - 2 of
                           2
                           draft-ietf-sieve-refuse-reject-07.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                    Token: Lisa Dusseault

            2.1.2 Returning Item

                Area  Date

                RAI         Session Initiation Protocol Service
                            Examples (BCP) - 1 of 2
                            draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-15.txt
                            [Open Web Ballot]
                            Note: Shopping for more positions.
                     Token: Jon Peterson
                TSV         Unicast UDP Usage Guidelines for
                            Application Designers (BCP) - 2 of 2
                            draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-guidelines-10.txt
                            [Open Web Ballot]
                     Token: Magnus Westerlund

      2.2 Individual Submissions

            2.2.1 New Item

               Area  Date

               APP         URI Scheme for GSM Short Message Service
                           (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 2
                           draft-wilde-sms-uri-16.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                    Token: Lisa Dusseault
               APP         Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning
                           (WebDAV) SEARCH (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 2
                           draft-reschke-webdav-search-18.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: AD is shepherding
                    Token: Chris Newman

            2.2.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

3. Document Actions

      3.1 WG Submissions

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

                3.1.1 New Item
                      NONE
                3.1.2 Returning Item
                      NONE

      3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

                3.2.1 New Item
                      NONE
                3.2.2 Returning Item
                      NONE

      3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

          The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
          found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2)
          The
          IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
          <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
          that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
          not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
          document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
          IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval.

          The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in
          the Data Tracker note and supply complete text in the IESG
          Note portion of the write-up. The Area Director ballot
          positions
          indicate consensus with the response proposed by the
          document shepherd.

          Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments
          will
          be passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the
          document.

            3.3.1 New Item

               Area  Date

               INT         WiMAX Forum/3GPP2 Proxy Mobile IPv4
                           (Informational) - 1 of 3
                           draft-leung-mip4-proxy-mode-09.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Jari Arkko
                           Credential Protection Ciphersuites for
               SEC         Transport Layer Security (TLS)
                           (Experimental) - 2 of 3
                           draft-hajjeh-tls-identity-protection-06.txt
                           [Open Web Ballot]
                    Token: Pasi Eronen
               INT         The Subnetwork Encapsulation and Adaptation
                           Layer (SEAL) (Experimental) - 3 of 3
                           draft-templin-seal-23.txt
                    Token: Mark Townsley

            3.3.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

4. Working Group Actions

          4.1 WG Creation

                    4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE
       4.2 WG Rechartering

                 4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                           Area  Date
                           INT  Sep 4  Softwires (softwire) - 1 of 1
                                Token: Mark

             4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                   Area  Date
                   OPS  Aug 28 Operational Security Capabilities for IP
                               Network Infrastructure (opsec) - 1 of 1
                        Token: Ron

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 IESG process change to action approval (Chris Newman)

7. Working Group News