Subject: IESG agenda for 2009-09-10 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 04:00:41 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2009-09-10).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

1.1 Roll Call

1.2 Bash the Agenda

1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat

1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

2.1 WG Submissions

2.1.1 New Item

Area  Date
INT  Sep 05 Transmission of IP over Ethernet over IEEE 802.16 Networks
            (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-16ng-ip-over-ethernet-over-802-dot-16-10 [txt]
            [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Gabriel Montenegro <[email-masked]> is the
            Document Shepherd for this document.
     Token: Ralph Droms
RTG  Sep 05 Node behavior upon originating and receiving Resource
            ReserVation Protocol (RSVP) Path Error message (BCP)
            draft-ietf-mpls-3209-patherr-05 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: This document should be processed in a batch with
            draft-ietf-mpls-gmpls-lsp-reroute and
            draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption.
            draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption should be read as the last
            of the batch.
     Token: Adrian Farrel
RTG  Sep 04 MPLS Traffic Engineering Soft Preemption (Proposed
            Standard)
            draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-18 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: This document should be processed in a batch with
            draft-ietf-mpls-gmpls-lsp-reroute and
            draft-ietf-mpls-3209-patherr.
            draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption should be read as the last
            of the batch.
     Token: Adrian Farrel
RTG  Sep 05 PathErr Message Triggered MPLS and GMPLS LSP Reroute
            (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-mpls-gmpls-lsp-reroute-04 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
            Note: This document should be processed in a batch with
            draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption and
            draft-ietf-mpls-3209-patherr.
            draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption should be read as the last
            of the batch.
     Token: Adrian Farrel
            Diameter Proxy Mobile IPv6: Mobile Access Gateway and Local
OPS  Sep 05 Mobility Anchor Interaction with Diameter Server (Proposed
            Standard)
            draft-ietf-dime-pmip6-03 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Dan Romascanu
OPS  Sep 07 Diameter User-Name and Realm Based Request Routing
            Clarifications (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-dime-nai-routing-03 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Dan Romascanu
INT  Sep 05 Generic Notification Message for Mobile IPv4 (Proposed
            Standard)
            draft-ietf-mip4-generic-notification-message-10 [txt] [Open
            Web Ballot]
            Note: Pete McCann ([email-masked]) is the
            document shepherd.
     Token: Jari Arkko
TSV  Sep 05 Baseline Encoding and Transport of Pre-Congestion
            Information (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-pcn-baseline-encoding-06 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Steven Blake ([email-masked]) is the document
            shepherd.
     Token: Lars Eggert
INT  Sep 05 Segmented Pseudowire (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-pwe3-segmented-pw-13 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Stewart Bryant ([email-masked]) is the document
            shepherd.
     Token: Ralph Droms

2.1.2 Returning Item

NONE

2.2 Individual Submissions

2.2.1 New Item

Area  Date
RAI  Aug 29 A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Media Feature Tag for
            MIME Application Sub-Types (Proposed Standard)
            draft-rosenberg-sip-app-media-tag-03 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
     Token: Robert Sparks

2.2.2 Returning Item

Area  Date
GEN  Aug 27 IESG Procedures for Handling of Independent and IRTF Stream
            Submissions (BCP)
            draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis-08 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: There is no document shepherd
     Token: Jari Arkko
            Was deferred by Cullen Jennings on 2009-08-27

3. Document Actions

3.1 WG Submissions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable contribution to the area of Internet engineering which
    it covers? If not, what changes would make it so?"

3.1.1 New Item

Area  Date
RAI  Sep 04 Identification of Communications Services in the Session
            Initiation Protocol (SIP) (Informational)
            draft-ietf-sipping-service-identification-03 [txt] [Open
            Web Ballot]
     Token: Robert Sparks
INT  Sep 05 Basic HIP Extensions for Traversal of Network Address
            Translators (Experimental)
            draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-08 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Gonzalo Camarillo ([email-masked]) is
            the document shepherd.
     Token: Ralph Droms
APP  Sep 07 IMAP Support for UTF-8 (Experimental)
            draft-ietf-eai-imap-utf8-08 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]> has agreed
            to shepherd the document.
            Note that the normative reference to obsolete RFC 1341 is
            intentional. The name parameter was defined in RFC 1341
            across all media types. The subsequent version of MIME
            (2045/2046) deprecated it.
     Token: Alexey Melnikov
APP  Sep 05 Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Problem
            Statement (Informational)
            draft-ietf-alto-problem-statement-02 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
            Note: Jon Peterson ([email-masked]) is the
            document shepherd.
     Token: Lisa Dusseault

3.1.2 Returning Item

NONE

3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable contribution to the area of Internet engineering which
    it covers? If not, what changes would make it so?"

3.2.1 New Item

Area  Date
RAI  Sep 06 A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Extension for the
            Identification of Services (Informational)
            draft-drage-sipping-service-identification-03 [txt] [Open
            Web Ballot]
     Token: Robert Sparks

3.2.2 Returning Item

NONE

3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

    The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not found any
    conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The IESG thinks
    that this work is related to IETF work done in WG <X>, but this
    does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks that publication is
    harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends not publishing at this
    time; 4) The IESG thinks that this document violates the IETF
    procedures for <X> and should therefore not be published without
    IETF review and IESG approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this
    document extends an IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF
    review and should therefore not be published without IETF review
    and IESG approval.

    The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in the
    Data Tracker note and supply complete text in the IESG Note portion
    of the write-up. The Area Director ballot positions indicate
    consensus with the response proposed by the document shepherd.

    Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments will be
    passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

3.3.1 New Item

NONE

3.3.2 Returning Item

Area  Date
GEN  Sep 02 Unintended Consequence of two NAT deployments with
            Overlapping Address Space (Informational)
            draft-ford-behave-top-07 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Magnus Westerlund

4. Working Group Actions

4.1 WG Creation

4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review

Area  Date
APP  Sep 03 Virtual World Region Agent Protocol (vwrap)
     Token: Alexey

4.1.2 Proposed for Approval

Area  Date
RAI  Aug 24 SIP Common Log Format (sipclf)
     Token: Robert

4.2 WG Rechartering

4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review

Area  Date
OPS  Sep 02 IP Flow Information Export (ipfix)
     Token: Dan
SEC  Aug 24 Security Issues in Network Event Logging (syslog)
     Token: Pasi
SEC  Aug 24 Network Endpoint Assessment (nea)
     Token: Tim

4.2.2 Proposed for Approval

Area  Date
INT  Jun 24 DNS Extensions (dnsext)
     Token: Ralph

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 Appointment of Language Tag expert reviewer as per
draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis-23 (Alexey Melnikov)

6.2 Link Relations Request [IANA #259813] (Michelle Cotton)

7. Working Group News