Subject: Re: [Rtg-yang-coord] Very active discussion and coordination of YANG models is needed

From: wangzitao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:19:08 +0000

FYI.

Here is a new draft to discuss BFD YANG model.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-yang-bfd-oam/

-Michael
发件人: Rtg-yang-coord [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表 Alia Atlas
发送时间: 2014年10月24日 6:05
收件人: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
抄送: Benoit Claise
主题: [Rtg-yang-coord] Very active discussion and coordination of YANG models is needed

First, I am absolutely delighted to discover that this coordination list has 139 subscribers!  I am quite encouraged that we will be able to use this mailing list for meaningful discussion and coordination.  Welcome and please start talking!

Towards that purpose...

With a few WG drafts and over 20 individual drafts that may overlap and should share some common abstractions and groupings, we really need to start coordinating.   This is a significant explosion of drafts and interest in the last 9 months - and we are interacting, at least in part, with a community that NEEDS standardization to happen much more quickly.

Adrian, Benoit, and I are planning on writing up a job description for a secretary to help with this mailing list and the coordination and communication necessary.  Needless to say, if you would already like to volunteer, please email me with details.

To aid in finding the various YANG models that relate to routing in some way, I've included a list below.  This list was generated by looking through a search of drafts based on the keyword YANG plus a couple I2RS drafts I was already familiar with.  I apologize if I missed any (and encourage consistent naming ).

draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg-15<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg/>
draft-ietf-isis-yang-isis-cfg-00<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-yang-isis-cfg/>
draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model-03<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model/> (YANG model coming very soon)

draft-bogdanovic-netmod-acl-model-02<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bogdanovic-netmod-acl-model/> (more general than routing, so currently progressing in NETMOD)
draft-chen-mpls-ldp-yang-cfg-00<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-mpls-ldp-yang-cfg/>
draft-chen-mpls-te-yang-cfg-00<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-mpls-te-yang-cfg/>
draft-clemm-i2rs-yang-network-topo-01<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-clemm-i2rs-yang-network-topo/>
draft-contreras-supa-yang-network-topo-00<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-contreras-supa-yang-network-topo/> (targeted at an unapproved BoF, overlap with I2RS)
draft-dong-i2rs-l2-network-topology-00<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-i2rs-l2-network-topology/>
draft-gandhi-mpls-te-yang-model-00<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gandhi-mpls-te-yang-model/>
draft-hao-trill-yang-01<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hao-trill-yang/> (may be interesting to consider from the ISIS overlap)
draft-hares-i2rs-bgp-dm-00<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hares-i2rs-bgp-dm/>
draft-liu-netmod-yang-abstract-topo-00<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-netmod-yang-abstract-topo/> (another topology model)
draft-liu-pim-igmp-mld-yang-00<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-pim-igmp-mld-yang/>
draft-liu-pim-yang-00<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-pim-yang/>
draft-penno-sfc-yang-08<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-penno-sfc-yang/>
draft-pkd-pce-pcep-yang-00<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pkd-pce-pcep-yang/>
draft-tissa-nvo3-yang-oam-00<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tissa-nvo3-yang-oam/>
draft-wang-i2rs-isis-dm-00<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-i2rs-isis-dm/>
draft-wang-i2rs-ospf-dm-00<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-i2rs-ospf-dm/>
draft-yang-trill-parent-seletion-03<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yang-trill-parent-seletion/>
draft-yeung-netmod-ospf-02<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yeung-netmod-ospf/>
draft-zhang-mpls-tp-yang-oam-00<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-mpls-tp-yang-oam/>
draft-zhang-nvo3-yang-cfg-00<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-nvo3-yang-cfg/>
draft-zhdankin-netmod-bgp-cfg-01<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhdankin-netmod-bgp-cfg/>
draft-zhuang-l2vpn-evpn-yang-cfg-00<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhuang-l2vpn-evpn-yang-cfg/>
draft-zhuang-l2vpn-yang-cfg-00<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhuang-l2vpn-yang-cfg/>
draft-zhuang-l3vpn-yang-cfg-00<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhuang-l3vpn-yang-cfg/>

I hope that reading some of the above (at least draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg-15<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg/>) will start to inspire ideas and concrete discussion about what coordination between models and drafts is needed.

Thanks,
Alia

---

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:58:28 +0000

Michael:
BFD chairs have called for a design team to define BFD YANG model.
It might be good for you to talk with BFD chairs and coordinate with the corresponding design team.

Regards!
-Qin
发件人: Rtg-yang-coord [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表 wangzitao
发送时间: 2014年10月27日 18:19
收件人: [email-masked]
抄送: [email-masked]
主题: Re: [Rtg-yang-coord] Very active discussion and coordination of YANG models is needed

FYI.

-Michael

Towards that purpose...

Thanks,
Alia