Subject: [Rtg-yang-coord] issue :R01: route filters

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 14:11:48 +0100

Hi,

this issue refers the YANG module "ietf-routing" contained in

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg-16

Please indicate your preference or add comments.

***** :R01: route filters
      In -16, route filters are defined as stubs with the assumption
      that real route filtering frameworks will be developed
      later. This could work provided that such frameworks can accept
      the control points for applying route filters as they are
      defined in -16, i.e. (i) between routing protocol instances and
      connected RIBs, and (ii) between RIBs.

****** Solution R01-1
       No change.

****** Solution R01-2
       Keep the stub route filters but change the control points.

****** Solution R01-3
       Remove route filters from the ietf-routing module. Future route
       filtering frameworks will define the control points and augment
       ietf-routing accordingly.

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C