Subject: [Rtg-yang-coord] issue :R03: assignment of interfaces to routing instances

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 14:16:16 +0100

Hi,

this issue refers the YANG module "ietf-routing" contained in

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg-16

Please indicate your preference or add comments.

***** :R03: assignment of interfaces to routing instances
      In -16 it is done by including a network-layer interface in the
      list rt:interface under rt:routing-instance. An advantage of
      this organization is that the rt:interface list should contain
      only network layer interfaces for which the assignment makes
      sense. A drawback is that the assignment is detached from the
      specification of IP addresses in if:interface.

****** Solution R03-1
       No change.

****** Solution R03-2
       Do the assignment of an interface to a routing instance inside
       the if:interface entry.

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C