Subject: [Rtg-yang-coord] issue :R05: numeric IDs of state data entries

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 14:19:59 +0100

Hi,

this issue refers the YANG module "ietf-routing" contained in

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg-16

Please indicate your preference or add comments.

***** :R05: numeric IDs of state data entries
      As a result of harmonizing ietf-routing with the I2RS RIB model
      after IETF 87, numeric ID parameters (uint64) were added to all
      lists in state data. Their purpose was to serve as a unique
      handle of a list entry that the server returns to the client
      that creates the entry so that teh client can then access that
      entry directly. In -16, this ID was removed from the list of RIB
      routes because managing unique IDs for a long list of routes
      involves considearble bookkepping. In other state data lists,
      those IDs are still present in -16.

****** Solution R05-1
       No change.

****** Solution R05-2
       Remove the numeric ID parameters from all lists in state
       data. If they are needed (for I2RS or elsewhere), they can be
       added via augmentation from another module(s).  

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C