Subject: [Rtg-yang-coord] issue :R02: complex next-hops

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 14:14:00 +0100

Hi,

this issue refers the YANG module "ietf-routing" contained in

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg-16

Please indicate your preference or add comments.

***** :R02: complex next-hops
      The schema for next-hops in RIB routes (state data) tries to
      implement all next-hop types defined in
      draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model-03. Some of the complex ones
      (recursive lists of nexthops, reference to a new RIB) have been
      added in -16 and haven't been sufficiently reviewed. Also, hosts
      and simpler routers won't need these complex options.

****** Solution R02-1
       No change.

****** Solution R02-2
       Keep the current choice "next-hop-options" (in the grouping
       "next-hop-state-content") but make the complex cases ("use-rib"
       and "next-hop-list") conditional via a new feature.
       complex ones

****** Solution R02-3
       Same as R02-2, but also implement the complex options in static
       routes (configuration).

****** Solution R02-4
       Remove all cases except "simple-next-hop" and
       "special-next-hop" from the "next-hop-options" choice. Other
       modules can add the complex cases via augmenting the choice
       node.

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C