Subject: [Rtg-yang-coord] Fwd: IESG YANG Model Work Redistribution

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 17:58:47 -0500

FYI
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 5:56 PM
Subject: IESG YANG Model Work Redistribution
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
Cc: IETF-Discussion list <[email-masked]>

The IESG plans on redistributing workload in order to allow for
resources to be  focused on YANG model coordination. Discussion on
how to do so  based on demand has been going on for some time.

https://www.ietf.org/blog/2014/11/yang-really-takes-off-in-the-industry/

Primary oversight responsibility and coordination of this work across
areas (AD document ownership) becomes the responsibility of Benoit Claise.

Working groups with YANG model work remain the responsibility of the
currently responsible AD.

A YANG Model Coordination group (a RFC2418 directorate) will be
created by the IESG to assist the AD and complement the work of the,
YANG Doctors, Operations and Management Directorate and Routing area
directorate and IAB liaison managers. The YANG doctor's responsibility
to validate models remains unchanged.  The YANG Model Coordination group
will consist of  up to three members initially and report to the
Operations and Management AD assuming the YANG Model work.

The responsible AD for some Operations and Management working groups
will be shifted to in order to distribute the workload. For now the area
associated with the working-group doesn't change.

The Title of Operations and Management AD remains associated with the
current responsibilities. New BOFs or working groups created to support
YANG model work will be assigned to the appropriate area. As with SNMP
MIBs the preference is for work to occur in the working group where the
expertise exists for each data model.

The IESG thinks about organizational effectiveness on an ongoing basis
both tactically and strategically; When newly seated ADs are installed
in March It is likely that the distribution of working groups will be
revisited, as it typically is in a more limited fashion.

Jari Arkko for the IESG