Subject: [Rtg-yang-coord] FW: YANG Model Coordination Group - seeking candidates

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 18:11:13 -0000

FYI
 
As previously discussed, the YANG Model Coordination Group will assist the OPS
ADs (specifically Benoit) in the management of YANG issues across the whole of
the IETF and in out-reach to other places where YANG work related to IETF
protocols and the Internet is being done.
 
There is obvious overlap with the work of the Routing Area YANG Technical
Coordinators, but their role continues unchanged and you can see the results of
their work on the wiki at
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgYangCoord
 
Thanks,
Adrian
 
From: ietf [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Benoit Claise
Sent: 05 February 2015 15:46
To: IETF-Discussion list
Subject: Re: YANG Model Coordination Group - seeking candidates
 
Dear all,

We finished the interviews regarding the YANG Model Coordination Group. 
We were lucky to discuss with many good candidates, and we are pleased to let
you know the following persons have been selected:
    Deborah Brungard
    Dean Bogdanovic
    Dave Meyer
    Carl Moberg
    
On purpose, the different skills within the team are complementary: technical,
management, development, and coordination skills. On top of that, a lot of
connections to many different SDOs, consortia, and opensource groups. 

Yes, the goal was to select three persons, but we could not resist having more
great people in the team. 
This group can be reached at [email-masked]. 

Regards, Alia, Adrian, Joel, and Benoit 
Dear all,

You may have seen this "IESG YANG Model Work Redistribution" message [1]:

A YANG Model Coordination group (a RFC2418 directorate) will be created by the
IESG to assist the AD and complement the work of the YANG Doctors, Operations
and Management Directorate, Routing Area Directorate, and IAB liaison managers.
The YANG doctors' responsibility to validate models remains unchanged. The YANG
Model Coordination group will consist of three members and report to the
Operations and Management AD that is responsible for the YANG Model work. 

The OPS ADs, in collaboration with the Routing ADs (since there is much
routing-related YANG modeling work) will select candidates for this YANG Model
Coordination Group.

The high level mission is: 
Help with the development and coordination of the numerous YANG models within
the IETF, and the promotion of YANG modeling in the industry.
Practically, we seek candidates:
- Familiar with YANG,
- Familiar with the IETF,
- Connected with (or aware of) the YANG data modeling efforts in the industry,
- Connected to YANG models implementation,
- Ready to commit approximately 1/3 of a full time job, for a period of one
year. The role of the YANG Model Coordination group will be re-assessed after
one year and may be continued. If so, new nominations will be sought and
existing members of the group will be able to stand again or step down. 

The job description consists of:
- Compiling, publishing, and maintaining an inventory of YANG models both
produced by the IETF and available at other locations.     
- Evaluating and documenting how the existing YANG models fit together. 
  Example: can the IGP, QoS, and ACL YANG models work together?
- Documenting and tracking open issues (especially the issues crossing drafts,
WGs, and areas) including issues of interaction and overlap of YANG models.
- Generating and leading the discussions on the resolution of the open issues,
in collaboration with the authors, WGs, WG chairs, YANG doctors, rtg-yang-coord
mailing list, and the appropriate ADs
- Participating in YANG model related design teams, as needed, to assist in the
coordination as well as technical work.
- Assisting with the coordination of design teams working to produce YANG models
that describe and enable the provisioning and management of services. 
- Documenting and tracking functionality missing from YANG models including
entire missing models. 
- Documenting YANG issues arising from YANG models
- Producing monthly reports for the IETF community and present a summary of
progress at each IETF meeting in the OPS-AREA meeting. 
- Close work with the OPS AD on building a community of YANG modelers that will
bring YANG work into the IETF as appropriate, and that will enable interactions
between IETF YANG models and models produced outside the IETF .
Note that the practical details of the daily job will be discussed with the
candidates.
   
If you are ready for the challenge, please let the Routing and OPS ADs know (
<mailto:[email-masked]> "[email-masked]"
<mailto:[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>,
<mailto:[email-masked]> "[email-masked]"
<mailto:[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>). 

We will accept candidates for a two weeks period starting now. The selected
candidates will be announced soon after.

Regards, Alia, Adrian, Joel, and Benoit

[1] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-announce/current/msg13576.html