Subject: [Rtg-yang-coord] Please compile your YANG modules with pyang --ietf

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 16:26:34 +0200

Dear all,

Please compile your YANG modules with pyang --ietf, as documented at 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/ops/trac/wiki/yang-review-tools, to be 
compliant with RFC 6087.

I now have a new column without the "--ietf" pyang flag. See 
http://www.claise.be/IETFYANGPageCompilation.html. This confirms that 
the "--ietf" flag is not well known to IETFers. Hence this email :-)

Regards, Benoit

---

From: Anees Shaikh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 10:47:45 -0700

As you know, the --ietf flag insists on having a namespace with an ietf
prefix, i.e.:

warning: IETF rule (RFC 6087: 4.8): namespace value should be
"urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:XXX"

IMO this shouldn't be a requirement except of IETF published standard (or
adopted working group) models -- why do all new proposed models have to use
this namespace to be compliant with the review tools?

thanks.
-- Anees

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 7:26 AM, Benoit Claise <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://www.claise.be/IETFYANGPageCompilation.html. This confirms that the
> "--ietf" flag is not well known to IETFers. Hence this email :-)
>
> Regards, Benoit
>
> _______________________________________________
> Rtg-yang-coord mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtg-yang-coord
>