Subject: [Rtg-yang-coord] Fwd: Online YANG Validator

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 12:44:47 +0200

FYI.

Regards, Benoit

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Online YANG Validator
Date: 	Mon, 15 Jun 2015 12:38:36 +0200
From: 	Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
To: 	NETMOD Working Group <[email-masked]>
CC: 	[email-masked] <[email-masked]>, Henrik Levkowetz 
<[email-masked]>, YANG Doctors <[email-masked]>

Dear all,

There is now an online YANG model validation tool. See www.yangvalidator.com
In there, you can directly fetch and validate your YANG models, IETF 
drafts, or a RFCs.
It's a combination of the xym and pyang, with the "-- ietf" option, the 
two tools are used to produce these stats 
<http://www.claise.be/IETFYANGPageCompilation.html>.

This tool should help you validate your YANG models. Please make sure 
they compile without errors.
Thanks to *Carl Moberg* to make it happen.

Here is the next step: during the IETF hackathon in Prague, we will make 
sure that those tools are integrated with idnits: YANG models 
extraction, validation, and potential error messages.
Note: we don't believe it's reasonable to block the draft submission if 
the compilation fails.

Regards, Benoit for the YANG Model Coordination Group 
<https://www.ietf.org/iesg/directorate/yang-model-coordination-group.html>.