Subject: [Rtg-yang-coord] [Sterne, Jason (Jason)] routing model - why static routes are ordered-by user ?

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 11:50:41 +0200

Hi,

Jason asked me (see below) why the list of static routes in ietf-routing
is "ordered-by user". I think this was based on the theory that some
systems use the order of static routes as the least-priority criterion
in route selection. I thought Linux was such a system but now I can't
find any evidence that it is really the case.

So, if nobody objects, we will remove the "ordered-by user" statement
from the list of static routes. This means that the order of static
routes in configuration doesn't matter and routers are free to
re-arrange them.

Thanks, Lada

-------------------- Start of forwarded message --------------------
From: "Sterne, Jason (Jason)" <[email-masked]>
To: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Subject: routing model - why static routes are ordered-by user ?
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 16:33:13 +0000

Hi Lada,

I can post this to the list if you'd prefer (especially if this had some
debate and history and isn't just something you put that nobody has
commented on) but I'm just curious why the static route list is
ordered-by user?

Regards,
Jason

-------------------- End of forwarded message --------------------

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C