Subject: [Rtg-yang-coord] Fwd: New Non-WG Mailing List: Yot- Yang of Things

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 12:23:31 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 5:58 PM
Subject: New Non-WG Mailing List: Yot- Yang of Things
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new IETF non-working group email list has been created.

List address: [email-masked]
Archive: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/search/?email_list=yot
To subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/yot

Purpose:
YANG is the method of choice in the IETF for describing data models exposed
by manageable items. It is currently being used in the context of the
NETCONF (and, increasingly, RESTCONF) protocols, which generally target
high-function devices. The Coman initiative (RFC 7547, 7548) investigated
requirements and use cases for management of networks with constrained
devices. Building blocks for protocols that make this a reality (COMI) are
emerging in the CoRE working group; however, CoRE as a WG is not currently
focused on network or device management.

The "Yang of Things” (YOT) non-WG mailing list will discuss best practices
for using YANG-based data modeling for the management of networks with
constrained devices and constrained networks. It will also address how to
best make use of properties of the combination of technologies involved
(YANG, CBOR, SID, CoAP, RESTCONF, …). Of interest are the ways these same
technologies could be applied outside the COMI focus of interest. The YOT
mailing list will also be the proper forum to discuss new YANG modules
targeting constrained devices and networks.

For additional information, please contact the list administrators.