Subject: [saag] Request for review -- draft-bryan-metalink-02

From: "Anthony Bryan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 15:08:41 -0400

Hi,

I'm requesting review on this draft.

There are some specific issues which I hope the saag list can comment on:

- 4.2.14. Inclusion of digital signatures other than PGP. (Only PGP is
currently supported). What do we need to add and how might we need to
restructure this for other digital signatures to be included/used?
- 8. "Security Considerations". Is there anything else this section needs?
- 5. "Securing Metalink Documents" is basically borrowed from Atom
(RFC 4287), also an XML format. Has anything changed since then?

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bryan-metalink-02

 Metalink is an XML-based document format that describes a file or
 lists of files to be added to a download queue.  Lists are composed
 of a number of files, each with an extensible set of attached
 metadata.  For example, each file can have a description, checksum,
 and list of URIs that it is available from.

 The primary use case that Metalink addresses is the description of
 downloadable content in a format so download agents can act
 intelligently and recover from common errors with little or no user
 interaction necessary.  These errors can include multiple servers
 going down and data corrupted in transmission.

Thank you,
-- 
(( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]
 )) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads
_______________________________________________
saag mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag