Subject: [saag] Pasi's AD notes for August 2008

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 13:39:34 +0300

Hi all,

Here's again a short status update about what things are going on 
from my point-of-view. If you notice anything that doesn't look
right, let me know -- miscommunication and mix-ups do happen.

Best regards,
Pasi

MISC NOTES

- This has been a slow month in IETF: people have been on vacation, 
  and I got a baby boy on August 12th (so I've been slightly busy 
  with things other than IETF, too :-).
- I processed the errata for RFC 4253 (SSH transport protocol) which 
  had been pending for quite some time.
- While processing these errata, I noticed that RFC 4419 needed IANA 
  actions that weren't done; the IANA registry has now been updated.
- IESG updated its input to NomCom about the desired expertise for the 
  open positions; I and Tim slightly modified the security AD text
  based on feedback from other ADs. The updated text should be posted 
  soon.

WORKING GROUPS

DKIM
- Waiting for WG to send list of RFC errata IDs the WG agrees on.

EMU
- draft-ietf-emu-gpsk: in AD Evaluation -- waiting for revised 
  ID that reflects the new WG consensus on MAC length/key size 
  issue before going to IETF last call.
- Waiting for WG chairs to send a liaison statement reply to ITU-T SG
  17 regarding X.1034, "Guidelines on EAP-based authentication and key
  management in a data communication network".

IPSECME
- (not wearing AD hat) draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2bis-00 was submitted.
- (not wearing AD hat) I promised to send my "things that need to 
  be looked at" list about IKEv2bis to mailing list

ISMS
- I need to re-read the latest drafts and participate in
  naming-related discussion.

KEYPROV
- I sent some comments regarding PSKC; I need to catch up on the
  emails and send the remaining (mostly minor) comments I wrote down 
  on my printed copy.
- I need to review and comment DSKPP, too.
  
SASL
- Frank Ellermann has appealed to me about WG chairs' handling of
  draft-ietf-sasl-crammd5; there have been off-list discussions, but
  currently I have the ball to reply to the emails.
- Waiting for charter update text from the chairs (>5 months)

SYSLOG
- draft-ietf-syslog-transport-tls: this was on 2008-08-14 IESG telechat;
  currently waiting for document shepherd (Chris Lonvick) to confirm
  that the WG is OK with the changes proposed to address Chris Newman's
  DISCUSS.
- draft-ietf-syslog-sign: there has been a bunch of replies to my
  AD evaluation comments that I need to read and process, but I 
  haven't done so yet.
- draft-ietf-syslog-tc-mib: in RFC editor queue

TLS
- draft-ietf-tls-rfc4346-bis: now published as RFC 5246
- draft-ietf-tls-ecc-new-mac: now published as RFC 5289
- draft-ietf-tls-rsa-aes-gcm: now published as RFC 5288

OTHER DOCUMENTS

- draft-hajjeh-tls-identity-protection: I was tasked with
  shepherding the RFC 3932 review for this document, and need
  to prepare ballot write-up and proposed IESG note.
- draft-ietf-avt-dtls-srtp: I sent bunch of WGLC comments which 
  were addressed in version -04.
- draft-mraihi-mutual-oath-hotp-variants: suggested submitting this 
  to RFC editor directly, since it's mostly work done outside the IETF
  (and doesn't need e.g. any IANA actions).
- draft-ietf-netconf-tls: I talked with Tim and sent comments (which
  were forwarded to WG mailing list, too).
- draft-ietf-capwap-*: I've been working with Pat and others,
  and almost all of my IETF last call comments have been addressed.
  I still need to reply to the latest email regarding issue 171.
- draft-ietf-avt-rtcpssm: no news; waiting for Joerg to explore
  "feedback debug" messages.
- draft-santesson-digestbind: I've promised to read this and send
  comments.
- PKCS #1/RFC 3447 update: waiting for James Randall to post an
  update including the various errata.
- draft-mattsson-srtp-store-and-forward: I've promised to read this 
  and send comments, but haven't done so yet.
- draft-ietf-mpls-mpls-and-gmpls-security-framework: I talked
  with Tim about this, and I'm waiting for him to discuss with
  the authors first; I'll also read it once there's a new version.
- "Security roadmap for routing protocols": I've promised to read
  and comment this once Gregory sends something.
  
DISCUSSES (active -- something happened within last month)

- draft-cain-post-inch-phishingextns: waiting for authors to reply 
  to my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-16]
- draft-cam-winget-eap-fast-provisioning: waiting for authors to 
  reply to my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-08-28]
- draft-ietf-lemonade-msgevent: the authors have replied to my
  comments; I need to read the replies [since 2008-08-30]
- draft-ietf-mip6-whyauthdataoption: waiting for authors to reply to
  my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-08-28]
- draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon: after discussing with other ADs, we
  concluded that the document suggests a change to IPv6 specs
  which needs to go through IETF Last Call, and needs to involve 
  6man WG -- I'm waiting for Ron/Fred/others for next steps
  on this [since 2008-08-25]
- draft-iijima-netconf-soap-implementation: we've converged on
  text, but I'd like the NETCONF WG to verify that it's correct;
  waiting for Dan on this [since 2008-08-28]
- draft-mraihi-inch-thraud: there's a new version -07; I need to 
  read it [since 2008-08-25]
- draft-zhou-emu-fast-gtc: changes probably agreed, waiting for authors
  to submit a revised ID to see exact text [since 2008-08-28]

DISCUSSES (stalled -- I haven't heard anything from the authors 
or document shepherd for over one month)

- draft-hautakorpi-sipping-uri-list-handling-refused: text agreed, 
  waiting for authors to submited a revised ID [since 2008-07-03]
- draft-ietf-bfd-base: waiting for authors to reply to my 
  comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-05]
- draft-ietf-bfd-multihop: waiting for authors to reply to 
  my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-05]
- draft-ietf-bfd-v4v6-1hop: waiting for authors to reply to 
  my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-05]
- draft-ietf-enum-experiences: talked briefly with Jon Peterson 
  in Dublin -- waiting to hear more from the authors and/or Jon
  [since 2008-07-31]
- draft-ietf-pce-pcep: new version -13 addressed some comments from
  other ADs; some discussions about my comments has occured;
  waiting for proposed text or revised ID [since 2008-06-16]
- draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-atm-mib: waiting for authors to reply to
  my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-07-02]
- draft-ietf-shim6-proto: waiting for Erik to propose something 
  to solve IPsec interaction issue [since 2008-06-18]
- draft-ietf-simple-imdn: waiting for authors to reply to my 
  comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-05-14]
- draft-ietf-sipping-sbc-funcs: new version (-06) addressed
  all comments except one; text agreed for the remaining one,
  waiting for RFC editor note or revised ID [since 2008-06-17]
- draft-ietf-tsvwg-emergency-rsvp: this document has large 
  number of discusses/abstains; waiting for Magnus to figure
  out next steps [since 2008-06-03]

--end--
_______________________________________________
saag mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag