Subject: [saag] Pasi's AD notes for September 2008

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:21:41 +0300

Hi all,

Here's again a short status update about what things are going on 
from my point-of-view. If you notice anything that doesn't look
right, let me know -- miscommunication and mix-ups do happen.

Best regards,
Pasi

MISC NOTES

- There have been two security-related BoF requests for IETF73:
  OAuth (in the applications area), and Content Rights Management
  (in the security area). For the latter, Tim and I have recommended 
  having a bar BoF first. 
- SecDir mailing list is in the process of being moved from mit.edu 
  to ietf.org servers.
- I've spent some time this month on tools development and IESG
  process improvements -- nothing is ready yet, but hopefully soon..

WORKING GROUPS

DKIM
- draft-ietf-dkim-ssp: in Publication Requested, waiting for 
  me to read it.
- Waiting for WG to send list of RFC errata IDs the WG agrees on.

EMU
- draft-ietf-emu-gpsk: in AD Evaluation -- waiting for revised 
  ID that reflects the new WG consensus on MAC length/key size 
  issue before going to IETF last call (since 2008-08-25)
- A liaison statement reply was sent to ITU-T SG 17 regarding X.1034, 
  "Guidelines on EAP-based authentication and key management in a 
  data communication network".
- IESG appointed Joe Salowey as the designated expert for IANA 
  allocation of EAP Type Codes
- (not WG item) draft-arkko-eap-aka-kdf ís now in IETF Last Call

IPSECME
- Lots of emails that I need to read (but haven't done so yet)
- (not wearing AD hat) I sent my "things that need to be looked at" 
  list about IKEv2bis to the mailing list; I need to check that   
  they got entered in the issue tracker, too.

ISMS
- It seems the discussion has largely converged; I'm waiting for
  revised IDs to read and review.

KEYPROV
- I sent more comments regarding PSKC; I need to read the replies
  and participate in discussion.
- I need to review and comment DSKPP, too.
  
SASL
- I replied to Frank Ellermann's appeal about WG chairs' handling 
  of draft-ietf-sasl-crammd5.
- Waiting for charter update text from the chairs (>6 months)

SYSLOG
- draft-ietf-syslog-transport-tls: a revised version addressing
  Chris Newman's DISCUSS should be posted in a couple of days.
- draft-ietf-syslog-sign: there has been a bunch of replies to my
  AD evaluation comments that I need to read and process, but I 
  haven't done so yet.

TLS
- (not WG item) draft-rescorla-tls-suiteb is now in IETF Last Call.
- (not WG item) draft-hajjeh-tls-identity-protection: IESG reviewed
  this independent submission to the RFC Editor, and recommended
  not publishing it.

OTHER DOCUMENTS

- draft-ietf-capwap-*: I've been working with Pat and others,
  and I think we're done (except that agreed text needs to be   
  edited in, and some editorial nits fixed).
- draft-ietf-avt-rtcpssm: no news; waiting for Joerg to explore
  "feedback debug" messages.
- draft-santesson-digestbind: I read this and sent comments to
  Stefan.
- PKCS #1/RFC 3447 update: waiting for James Randall to post an
  update including the various errata.
- draft-mattsson-srtp-store-and-forward: I've promised to read 
  this and send comments, but haven't done so yet.
- draft-ietf-mpls-mpls-and-gmpls-security-framework: I've promised 
  to read this once there's a new version.
- "Security roadmap for routing protocols": I've promised to read
  and comment this once Gregory sends something.
  
DISCUSSES (active -- something happened within last month)

- draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-binding-ieee80211: text agreed,
  waiting for authors to submit a revised ID [since 2008-09-26]
- draft-ietf-lemonade-msgevent: waiting for authors to submit
  a revised ID [since 2008-09-08]
- draft-ietf-mip6-whyauthdataoption: waiting for authors to submit 
  a revised ID [since 2008-09-08]
- draft-ietf-mipshop-mstp-solution: the authors have replied to  
  my comments; I need to read the replies [since 2008-09-26]
- draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcsec-gss-v2: waiting for authors to
  reply to my comments [since 2008-09-25]
- draft-ietf-sieve-refuse-reject: waiting for authors to reply
  to my comments [since 2008-09-11]
- draft-ietf-sipping-race-examples: waiting for document shepherd
  or Jon to comment the "Updates" issue [since 2008-09-26]
- draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon: the changes in version -10 were sent
  to 6MAN WG for review; I'll clear once this has happened 
  [expected to happen on 2008-10-01]
- draft-mraihi-inch-thraud: version -07 addressed almost all of 
  my comments; waiting for authors to send RFC Editor Note text
  fixing the IANA issue, too [since 2008-09-02]

DISCUSSES (stalled -- I haven't heard anything from the authors 
or document shepherd for over one month)

- draft-cain-post-inch-phishingextns: waiting for authors to reply 
  to my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-08-28]
- draft-cam-winget-eap-fast-provisioning: waiting for authors to 
  reply to my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-08-28]
- draft-hautakorpi-sipping-uri-list-handling-refused: text agreed, 
  waiting for authors to submit a revised ID [since 2008-07-03]
- draft-ietf-enum-experiences: talked briefly with Jon Peterson 
  in Dublin -- waiting to hear more from the authors and/or Jon
  [since 2008-07-31]
- draft-ietf-pce-pcep: new version -15 addressed some comments from
  other ADs; some discussions about my comments has occured;
  waiting for proposed text or revised ID [since 2008-06-16]
- draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-atm-mib: waiting for authors to reply to
  my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-07-02]
- draft-zhou-emu-fast-gtc: changes probably agreed, waiting for authors
  to submit a revised ID to see exact text [since 2008-08-28]

DISCUSSES (presumed dead -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over three months)

- draft-ietf-bfd-base: waiting for authors to reply to my 
  comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-05]
- draft-ietf-bfd-multihop: waiting for authors to reply to 
  my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-05]
- draft-ietf-bfd-v4v6-1hop: waiting for authors to reply to 
  my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-05]
- draft-ietf-shim6-proto: waiting for Erik to propose something 
  to solve IPsec interaction issue [since 2008-06-18]
- draft-ietf-simple-imdn: waiting for authors to reply to my 
  comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-05-14]
- draft-ietf-sipping-sbc-funcs: new version (-06) addressed
  all comments except one; text agreed for the remaining one,
  waiting for RFC editor note or revised ID [since 2008-06-17]
- draft-ietf-tsvwg-emergency-rsvp: this document has large 
  number of discusses/abstains; waiting for Magnus to figure
  out next steps [since 2008-06-03]

--end--
_______________________________________________
saag mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag