Subject: [saag] Call for Participation: IETF 73 MAC Labeling Bar BOF

From: "David P. Quigley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:06:12 -0400

Hello, 

I am organizing a Bar BOF to discuss the use of security labels in IETF
protocols. Recently there have been at least three drafts introduced to the
IETF which deal with security labels. While there may be other drafts in the
work that deal with this topic, from the three I've seen there is at least one
issue where myself and others believe we need to reach a consensus. 

According to the IETF 73 cutoff dates list we won't know the final agenda for
the event until October 27th. Once this date rolls around I will post a list of
suggested dates and times for the BOF to take place. I also need to figure out
where in the hotel to host the BOF. As the name suggests we can hold it in the
hotel's bar, however another suggestion has been to get a room at a restaurant
and hold the meeting over dinner. Depending on the interest in this BOF neither
of these options may accommodate the number of people interested. In that case
I'll have to see if I can find a more suitable place to hold the BOF.
Hopefully I will have this information to you before we arrive at IETF 73 but
if I don't I'll make sure I inform everyone of where I will post the
information.

As of right now I have four people interested in the BOF and I hope to have more
as time passes. I would like to be able to create a mailing list for the BOF
but unfortunately I am not able to do that where I am. If someone else would
like to host the mailing list (Not to be taken as a solicitation by the US
Govt) that would be great. For now if you are interested in the BOF feel free
to email me so I have an idea of the general interest.

The current agenda only has one item on it and that is the specification of a
DOI. In the recent weeks I've read three drafts that have three different
specifications of Domains of Interpretation (DOIs). While this is the only
thing I have at the moment if you have other suggestions for topics or drafts
you would like to discuss please bring them to my attention so I can make sure
to add them to the agenda.

Dave Quigley

_______________________________________________
saag mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag