Subject: [saag] W3C Last Call: XML Signature 1.1

From: Thomas Roessler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 19:15:55 +0100

The W3C XML Security Working Group has released a Last Call Working Draft 
for XML Signature 1.1:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core1/

An explanation of the changes against the XML Signature 1.0 specification 
(developed by a joint W3C/IETF Working Group at the time) is available:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core1/explain.html

Changes are focused on the set of mandatory to implement algorithms and 
markup for relevant key material.

The Last Call period lasts until 18 March 2010; comments can be sent to 
[email-masked].  The next step in the W3C Recommendation Track 
process is either a Candidate Recommendation phase to collect implementation
experience, or another Working Draft.  We plan to announce further last call 
working drafts (if any) and the Call for Implementations that starts the 
Candidate Recommendation phase to the saag mailing list.

The WG continues its work on a similar set of changes to XML Encryption 1.1; 
that specification is progressing on a somewhat slower time scale than 
Signature 1.1.

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[email-masked]>