Subject: [saag] Interested in chairing a WG? Let us know!

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2021 09:09:05 -0800

Dear all,
 
The security area has been fortunate enough in recent history to have a
solid pipeline of candidates for WG leadership positions, but we should not
grow complacent and come to rely on that continuing to be the case!  Roman
and I would like to have a pool of candidates to select from for any given
position.  Such a pool lets us tailor the match between the position, and
the skills and potential of the candidates in question.  I'm sending this
note to help make sure we've got the broadest pool available.  If you are
interested in chairing, or know someone interested in chairing, please
email us privately.  (Co-chairing with an experienced chair is a great way
to learn more about the IETF and how to work here effectively!)  Even if
you think you're not quite ready but will eventually be interested, or
cannot be a chair right now but will want to be in the future if time/work
commitments change, please let us know that you're thinking about it as a
possibility.  We can check back with you when an opportunity or three does
arise.  (And of course, if you're ready to start tomorrow, we want to hear
about that, too!)

We'll also try to continue our practice of sending an open call for
candidates to the WG list for which there is a vacancy, to catch interested
parties that do not subscribe to [email-masked], but this seems like a good
forum for a more general call for interest.

Thanks, and looking forward to talking to you,
 
Ben