Subject: [saag] IPsecME report for IETF 112

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 17:04:21 +0200

IPsecME WG got its tradional session kicking of the IETF 112, i.e.,
first session on Monday morning. We had two hours and used most of
them. Here is the status update [1] already updated to the datatracker:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Publication has been requested for Intermediate draft. Base IPTFS
draft had long discussion during the IETF 112 WG session and the final
issues on it was resolved, so now the IPTFS drafts (base, yang and
mib) should be ready for publication. Multiple Key Exchanges draft
should also be ready for publication. Labeled IPsec and Deprecation of
IKEv1 and obsoleted algorithms drafts are past WGLC and are getting
ready for publication soon.  

Group Key Management using IKEv2 did not get any reviews yet, but is
now in the WGLC to get more reviews. RFC8229bis has been adopted as
working group draft, but there has not been that much discussion about
it yet. IKEv2 configuration for Encrypted DNS and Announcing Supported
Authentication Methods in IKEv2 drafts are now in the progress of
being adopted to the WG.  

There has not been that much happening with other new work, like
Optional SA & TS Payload in Child Exchange. modifying the base IKEv2
payload format, both to make it more compact for constrained devices,
and allow it to go over 64kB payload limit. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/ipsecme/about/status/
-- 
[email-masked]