Subject: [saag] W3C Update for IETF112

From: Samuel Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 11:07:36 -0500 (EST)

W3C has several new Community Groups (CGs) which are open to all - no 
W3C membership needed.

Two are focused on problems that are made more challenging by the 
demise of 3rd party cookies:

Federated Identity Community Group
https://www.w3.org/community/fed-id/

Anti Fraud Community Group
https://www.w3.org/community/antifraud/
Minutes of breakout meeting (think "BOF"): 
https://github.com/WICG/trust-token-api/blob/main/meetings/tpac2021-antifraud-breakout.md

We also have a new Private Advertising Technology Community Group 
looking at technologies that support advertising while acting in the 
interests of users, using technical - not legal or policy - 
mechanisms to provide strong privacy assurances.
https://www.w3.org/community/patcg/
Minutes of first meeting:
https://www.w3.org/2021/10/29-patcg-minutes.html

And we have a Privacy Community Group working on storage partitioning 
and similar broader privacy measures:
https://www.w3.org/community/privacycg/
(n.b. some work is migrating from this group to the new Private 
Advertising Technology CG)

As above, all of these are open to the entire community, with no W3C 
membership needed.

The Web Applications Security WG (WebAppSec) continues to make 
progress on site isolation primitives such as COEP and COOP.
https://www.w3.org/2011/webappsec/

I am also looking for additional security reviewers for W3C specs, 
similar to the work done by the IETF's SecDir.  If you would like to 
occasionally review a spec, please send me a note.

-- Sam