Subject: [SAM] Deadline approaching: IEEE CCNC 2011 Call for Demonstrations

From: Dr Mario Kolberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 14:08:40 +0100

Call for Demonstrations

IEEE CCNC 2011 Call for Demonstrations
Deadline: 15 September 2010

IEEE CCNC 2011
January 8 - 11, 2011, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
http://www.ieee-ccnc.org/

IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference, sponsored by the
IEEE Communications Society, is a major annual international conference
organized with the objective of bringing together researchers,
developers, and practitioners from academia and industry working in all
areas of consumer communications and networking.

IEEE CCNC 2011 will feature a special demonstration session showcasing 
the latest technological advances in the area of consumer communications 
and networking. We invite researchers and developers from academic, 
industrial, and government laboratories to present their novel ideas, 
including works in progress and results that do not warrant a full 
technical paper. CCNC especially welcomes demonstrations of emerging and 
innovative technologies that have potential commercial application from 
nascent and incubating companies. Technology demonstrations, however, 
must be prototypes and/or research ideas -- they cannot consist of 
actual commercial products.

The demonstration session will provide an exciting forum for 
researchers, developers, and entrepreneurs to present and discuss new 
applications and techniques, research demonstrations, recent 
research/implementation results, upcoming research challenges, practical 
implementations, commercial developments, future directions and novel 
application concepts. We envision the demonstration session as a means 
to exhibit innovations that have the potential to change the future 
landscape of consumer communications and networking.

Submissions should be in the form of a proposal describing the main 
contributions of the demonstration and the merits of the proposed ideas. 
Be as specific as possible in describing what you will show. 
Demonstration proposals should be one or two pages in length and will 
appear in the conference proceedings. Submission guidelines and 
formatting details can be found under Author Information on the CCNC web 
site.

A technology prototype can range from a mockup using computers (instead 
of actual consumer devices) to a full-fledged collection of networked 
consumer devices. Each demonstration should be accompanied by a poster 
of approximately 30" by 40" describing your research. Of course, many 
variations are possible. Proposals should include space, power and 
networking requirements. A Demonstration Committee, headed by the 
demonstration chairs, will evaluate the proposals.  Proposals will be 
evaluated mainly based on their potential to stimulate interesting 
discussions, exchange of ideas, and promote collaborations.

Accepted demonstrations will be presented during a special demonstration 
session during the conference. The presenter is responsible for the 
demonstration and equipment setup. The presenter is expected to stand 
next to his/her exhibit and discuss the work with other conference 
attendees. Note that bandwidth of available Internet connection may vary 
in the demonstration room.

Please consult the demonstration chairs if you are uncertain whether 
your demonstration falls within the scope of the conference or if you 
require additional information.

Demo Proposals Due:              15 September 2010
Acceptance Notification:         20 September 2010
Final Camera Ready Submission:   1 October 2010

Demo Chair: Alan Kaplan, Drakontas LLC, USA
[email-masked]

-- 
The Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2009/2010
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, 
 number SC 011159.