Subject: [Sandbox-mailoutput] [Django development] Personal ID list of [email-masked] notification: Changes to draft-ietf-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2018 13:44:40 -0700

The attached message would have been sent, but the tracker is in development mode.
It was not sent to anybody.

Subject: Personal ID list of [email-masked] notification: Changes to draft-ietf-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip
From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2018 13:44:40 -0700

Hello,

This is a notification from the Personal ID list of [email-masked].

Document: draft-ietf-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip,
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip/

Change by Eric Rescorla on 2018-04-05 13:44 PDT:

[Ballot comment]
    
       Note, that there is no requirement that the Info request body
       contains as many pseudo m= lines as the Offer/Answer contains m=
       lines, nor that the pseudo m= lines be in the same order as the
       m=lines that they pertain to.  The correspondence can be made via the
       "a=mid:" attributes.

This whole section needs to be rewritten to make clear what's going
on:  - candidates are grouped in sections headed by "pseudo" m=lines -
These sections contain a=mid values which point back to the true
m=line.

       retransmit these responses with the exponential back-off timers
       described in [RFC3262].  These retransmissions MUST cease on receipt
       of an INFO request or on transmission of the Answer in a 2xx
       response.  This is again similar to the procedure described in
       section 8.1.1 of [I-D.ietf-mmusic-ice-sip-sdp] except that an Answer
       is not yet provided.

Can you explain why you cease retransmitting on receiving INFO? I
assume because it's an implicit ACK of your INFO?

       the initial Offer.
    
       In any case, the Offerer MUST include the attribute "a=ice-
       options:trickle" in accordance to [I-D.ietf-ice-trickle] and MUST
       include in each "m="-line a "a=mid:" attribute in accordance to
       [RFC5888].

Why is this required?

       During the first phase an agent gathers a set of candidate transport
       addresses (source IP address, port and transport protocol).  This is
       followed by a second phase where these candidates are sent to a
       remote agent within the Session Description Protocol (SDP) body of a
       SIP message.  At the remote agent the gathering procedure is repeated
       and candidates are sent to the first agent.  Finally, a third phase

This suggests that they have to happen in sequence, but that's not
true.

Best regards,

        The Datatracker draft tracking service
        (for the IETF Secretariat)