Subject: [Sandbox-mailoutput] [Django development] Personal ID list of [email-masked] notification: Changes to draft-ietf-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2018 13:44:40 -0700

The attached message would have been sent, but the tracker is in development mode.
It was not sent to anybody.

Subject: Personal ID list of [email-masked] notification: Changes to draft-ietf-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip
From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2018 13:44:40 -0700

Hello,

This is a notification from the Personal ID list of [email-masked].

Document: draft-ietf-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip,
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip/

Change by Eric Rescorla on 2018-04-05 13:44 PDT:

[Ballot discuss]
DETAIL
       Since the agent is not fully aware of the state of the ICE
       Negotiation Session at its peer it MUST include all currently known
       and used local candidates in every INFO request.  I.e. the agent MUST
       repeat in the INFO request body all candidates that were previously
       sent under the same combination of "a=ice-pwd:" and "a=ice-ufrag:" in
       the same order as they were gathered.  In other words, the sequence

IMPORTANT: This appears to conflict with the guidance in Section 6 of
the trickle document, which is about reordering candidates from how
they were gathered.

       defined in [RFC4566], but provide no semantics other than indicating
       to which "m=" line a candidate belongs.  Consequently, the receiving
       agent MUST ignore any remaining content of the pseudo "m=" line,
       which is not defined in this document.  This guarantees that the
       'application/trickle-ice-sdpfrag' bodies do not interfere with the
       Offer/Answer procedures as specified in [RFC3264].

IMPORTANT: "pseudo" m= lines are not defined in 5888 so this is very
unclear.

       The Offerer MUST send a Trickle ICE INFO request as soon as it
       receives an SDP Answer in an unreliable provisional response.  This
       INFO request MUST repeat the candidates that were already provided in
       the Offer (as would be the case when Half Trickle is performed or
       when new candidates have not been learned since then).

IMPORTANT: They must be in order, right?

Best regards,

        The Datatracker draft tracking service
        (for the IETF Secretariat)