Subject: Head of Line (HOL) blocking question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 17:15:10 +0800

Hi, all
 
SCTP claim to eliminate Head of Line (HOL) blocking issue using
multi-streaming. But I think Head of Line (HOL) blocking issue is still
existing in one stream since message transmission is still ordered in
one stream. It can only eliminate HOL blocking issue among the different
stream, but can not handle HOL blocking issue within one stream. Am I
right?  
 
Another question. Currently I have a SIP over UDP implementation. If I
want to implement SIP over SCTP in Solaris 10 which integrates SCTP
stack, will it take much time? Is it done if just change UDP socket to
SCTP socket? Is there any other big issues I don't know? 
If I want to implement SIP over TCP, will it take much time? Is it done
if just change UDP socket to TCP socket? Is there any other big issues I
don't know?
 
Thanks
 
Regards 
Leslie ( Wang Qi )
Tel:   +86-21-24057046
Fax:  +86-21-24057313