Subject: Re: scp2 vs sftp ?

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:11:42 EST

> Hi,
> 
> Does anyone know any document defining scp2.  Apparently, it is not described
> either in IETF or ssh.com website. As I understand it, scp2 is a truncated sftp
> client, but what is exactly take out from sftp?  If we want implement scp2, what
> are the features that we need to support?
> 
> Thanks,
> Yong
> 

scp2 I believe is simply rcp protocol over SSHv2.

 Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer      C-Kermit 8.0 available now!!!
 The Kermit Project @ Columbia University   includes Telnet, FTP and HTTP
 http://www.kermit-project.org/             secured with Kerberos, SRP, and 
 [email-masked]                OpenSSL. Interfaces with OpenSSH

---

From: Markus Friedl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:16:16 +0100

> scp2 I believe is simply rcp protocol over SSHv2.

no, it's the same protocol as sftp.