Subject: ssh1 vs ssh2 in openssh(portable)

From: Dennis Gearon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 12:33:11 -0800

The ssh manual at: http://www.openssh.com/manual.html says ssh2 is used, but the
man page for sftp: http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=sftp says ssh1
is used. What is the reality?

Also, has anyone found a secure way to get the certificate to/from the server,
ANY arbitrary server?

I've noticed that it is now possible to get a class 1 secure mail certificate
from the ssl certificate people for ONLY 8.95 a month! Maybe have a daemon that
would accept new certificates over a secure EMAIL channel might be useful?

Please cc me directly as well as the email list.

---

From: Markus Friedl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 17:58:36 +0100

> is used. What is the reality?

this is not an ietf-ssh issue.

(however, i suggest to reread the manpage.  moreover, you can run
sftp over any 8bit clean transport, rsh, ssh v1, ssh v2)

-m