Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wasserman-netconf-over-ssh-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:32:18 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Using the NETCONF Configuration Protocol over Secure 
                          Shell (SSH)
	Author(s)	: M. Wasserman
	Filename	: draft-wasserman-netconf-over-ssh-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-8-29
	
This document describes a simple method for invoking and running the
NETCONF configuration protocol within a Secure Shell (SSH) session.
Some features of the NETCONF protocol are not suited for use in a
single shell session, and those limitations are described here.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wasserman-netconf-over-ssh-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wasserman-netconf-over-ssh-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wasserman-netconf-over-ssh-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:09:48 -0400

FYI.

Margaret asked me to review an earlier version of this document.

It's out of scope for the secure shell wg, but could use some review
from secure shell implementors..

				- Bill

---

From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:04:57 -0700

>from secure shell implementors..

Oddly, a second proposal was introduced at the same time: 
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lear-netconf-over-ssh-00.txt>. 
It could probably use the same review.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

---

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:16:25 -0400

> It could probably use the same review.

Indeed.  

Under the assumption that we'll end up with a combined proposal with
elements of each document, I'd appreciate it if folks could review
both documents and provide feedback to both sets of authors...

						- Bill