Subject: Re: Some questions about "SSH Transport Layer Encryption Modes"

From: [email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:04:38 +1300

Derek Fawcus <[email-masked]> writes:

>Well,  I'd have to rescan my mailbox to see who's implementation that was.
>But as I recall,  he claimed it was done for security reasons...

Probably me then, my code never reveals anything that isn't absolutely
necessary.

Peter.

---

From: Damien Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:38:50 +1000

> Probably me then, my code never reveals anything that isn't absolutely

An immediate disconnection reveals about as much as an 'unimplemented' 
reply.

-d

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:39:33 -0700

> An immediate disconnection reveals about as much as an 'unimplemented'

Yeah, but the former is a lot more annoying...