Subject: Re: Problems with draft

From: Markus Friedl <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 12:17:45 +0100

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 12:26:28PM -0500, der Mouse wrote:
> I still think less ambiguity on each point would be good.  This is,
> after all, supposed to be a standard, so clarity is a Good Thing.  Is
> there some high overhead associated with changing the drafts or
> something?

I agree, but nothing in the drafts uses the compressed payload, so
I think this change can be delayed.  I think this text has been
around since 1996, lots of time to remove the ambiguity :)

---

From: [email-masked] (Niels Möller)
Date: 01 Dec 2003 13:38:41 +0100

der Mouse <[email-masked]> writes:

> Here's a patch against transport-17.  In the interests of keeping the
> diff small, I made no attempt to re-fill paragraphs or move page
> breaks; I assume the draft was generated from a master file in some
> other format, and presumably the changes need to be made to that other
> format and the distributed draft file regenerated.

Looks ok to me. Let's see what the other folks and the document editor
thinks. (There's been several smaller proposed changes and some new
text the last month, so I hope we'll see a new revision in the not too
distant future).

Regards,
/Niels