Subject: Re: SSHv2 MIB?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 14:03:48 -0500

I was under impression that there is a MIB support for every protocol.
However, for ssh, are you purposely left out the MIB for security reason? I
understand that configuring ssh via SNMPv1&v2 is not a secure thing to do.
Is there a plan to have ssh MIB if we promise to configure ssh via secure
SNMPv3? :)

Thanks

Tam

                    Bill Sommerfeld                                                                            
                    <sommerfeld@eas       To:     [email-masked]                                           
                    t.sun.com>            cc:     [email-masked]                                          
                    Sent by:              Subject:     Re: SSHv2 MIB?                                          
                    sommerfeld@east                                                                            
                    .sun.com                                                                                   

                    12/09/2003                                                                                 
                    01:24 PM                                                                                   
                    Please respond                                                                             
                    to sommerfeld                                                                              

Somehow I missed the original query to the WG list.

I am unaware of any existing work on an SSH SNMP MIB.  (I think your
question is the first time it's been asked about)

Existing implementations are typically managed through configuration
files or the equivalent.

                                                    - Bill
                                          (speaking as WG chair..)

---

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 13:57:18 -0500

> I was under impression that there is a MIB support for every protocol.

No, there is only MIB support if someone has defined a MIB for the
protocol; it does not happen automatically.

						- Bill