Subject: Bug? in SSH public key file format

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:37:58 +1300

The "SSH Public Key File Format" draft currently says:

>The first line of a conforming key file MUST be a begin marker, which is the
>literal text:
>
>---- BEGIN SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ----

It might be a good idea to point out in the text that this is unlike any other
known (standardised) use of this type of tagging (PGP, OpenPGP, X.509, PKCS
#10, CRLs, etc etc etc) which all use 5 dashes and no space, e.g:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
MIID2zCCA0SgAwIBAgIBAzANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQQFADCBoDELMAkGA1UEBhMCRlIx

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
mQCNAi+0jQEAAAEEAK7oX0FeNncaHfa1v+V7SMUviAm8qB8orWG0zvja4ZtSrHVg

Peter.

---

From: Jakob Schlyter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:32:51 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 [email-masked] wrote:

> [...]

or perhaps change the format to use 5 dashes and no space?

	jakob