Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-secsh-publickey-subsystem-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 10:44:44 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Shell Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Secure Shell Public-Key Subsystem
	Author(s)	: J. Galbraith, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-secsh-publickey-subsystem-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2004-4-2
	
SECSH defines an authentication mechanism that is based on public
keys, but does not define any mechanism for key distribution. No
common key management solution exists in current implementations.
This document describes a protocol that can be used to configure
public keys in an implementation-independent fashion, allowing client
software to take on the burden of this configuration.

This protocol is intended to be used from the Secure Shell Connection
Protocol [4] as a subsystem, as described in Section ``Starting aShell or a Command''. The subsystem name used with this protocol is
''publickey''.

The public-key subsystem provides a server-independent mechanism for
clients to add public keys, remove public keys, and list the current
public keys known by the server. Rights to manage public keys are
specific and limited to the authenticated user.

A public key may also be associated with various restrictions,
including a mandatory command or subsystem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-secsh-publickey-subsystem-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-secsh-publickey-subsystem-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-secsh-publickey-subsystem-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.