Subject: IETF document publication process tweaks.

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 19:55:39 -0400

For those of you who don't subscribe to IETF-announce, you should be
aware that the IESG has once again revised the procedures for
Internet-Draft submission.

 - The old ID-Nits list is now the "ID Checklist",
            http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html

 - There is also now a script available which provides an "internet
draft lint" tool, which checks for conformance with many of the
mechanical aspects of these new checklists.  See:
http://ietf.levkowetz.com/tools/idnits/

 - In addition, with the publication of RFC 3667 and RFC 3668, which
supersede RFC2026, there now also newly rototilled draft template
boilerplate/copyright/IPR notice/etc.;

A new version of the xml2rfc toolkit is available at
http://xml.resource.org/ which includes the new boilerplate.  While
use of xml2rfc is not required, it is strongly encouraged..

As working group chair, I'm responsible for checking all drafts
against the checklist.  Help save you and me time by checking them
first before sending them in..

					- Bill