Subject: [psg.com #440] IANA - Architecture - Registries

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 12:42:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Folks,

Issue 440 deals with the IANA Considerations Section in [ARCH].  An IANA
reviewer asked if they were existing, new, or a combination. I made a
quick change from -15 to -16 stating that the "IANA Considerations"
section in [ARCH] is there only for reference and that the _real_ IANA
assignments are to be found in [NUMBERS].  Does anyone object to this?
The alternative is to remove any information from this section in [ARCH]
and simply state that all information is in [NUMBERS].  This may not be a
bad alternative as most of the information in the IANA Considerations
section of [ARCH] is already discussed elsewhere in [ARCH].  Can I get
some consensus here:

A. (default)  Keep the information in [ARCH] along with the statement in
   [ARCH] saying that the information is reference material only and that
   the real info is in [NUMBERS].

B. Remove the information in [ARCH] and only point to [NUMBERS].

Thanks,
Chris