Subject: IDs Submitted

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:22:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Folks,

The IDs for the core drafts have been submitted to the ID Editor.  I
expect it will take a few days before they get into the repository.
I've posted them here:

  http://www.employees.org/~lonvick/secsh-wg/2004-oct-24/

This directory contains the IDs along with the xml and the diffs (using
htmlwdiff) from the prior versions.

Some notes:

- The Authors (Tatu Ylonen for [ARCH], [CONNECT], [TRANS] and [USERAUTH],
and Sami Lehtinen for [NUMBERS]) expressed a concern about the new
boilerplates required for 3667/3668 compliance.  The IESG is investigating
that.  Their names are not listed as Authors in this set of IDs until that
is resolved.

- The discussion of diffie-hellman-group14-sha1 has been noted in the
appropriate places with an "Editor's Note".  Let's talk about that in DC.

- I separated the information in [NUMBERS] to show the registry, the
current allocations, and the method(s) for future allocations.  As such,
the diff file shows a lot of red and green.

As always, comments are welcome and suggested text is especially
appreciated.  :)

Thanks,
Chris