Subject: New IDs Submitted 2004-nov-19

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:25:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi Folks,

I've submitted a new round of IDs for your review.  It may take a few
days for them to get posted to the repository.  As usual, I've placed
them along with the xml and the diffs here:
  http://www.employees.org/~lonvick/secsh-wg/2004-nov-19/
Move up a directory to see the prior submissions.

I moved Section 4.5 from [ARCH]-17 to Section 5.3 of [TRANS]-20.  The
section started this way:

   Packet Size and Overhead

   Some readers will worry about the increase in packet size due to new
   headers, padding, and Message Authentication Code (MAC).  The minimum
   packet size is in the order of 28 bytes (depending on negotiated
   algorithms).  The increase is negligible for large packets, but very

I believe that when the writing of these IDs started, there was some
concern about this so it was appropriate to place this into the
Architecture document.  Now, however, it appears out of place anywhere
except when talking about SSHv1 which is covered in [TRANS].

I've also added a "Security Considerations" section to [NUMBERS] and have
gotten all of the "Conventions Used in This Document" consistent
throughout all documents.  These are now consistently passing the idnits
checker.

The next steps are:

- All: REVIEW
- Chris to clean up the References (Normative and Informative splits)
- Everyone should spend some time reviewing the docs
- Chris to align the references in [NUMBERS]
- Now would be a good time for document review
- Chris to remove "Editors' Notes" where appropriate
- We need people to review the documents

I think that after we get those things done, we should be ready for IESG
review.

Thanks,
Chris