Subject: New IDs 2004-dec-09

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 15:09:05 -0800 (PST)

Hi Folks,

I've updated the IDs based upon comments from the past few weeks.
  http://www.employees.org/~lonvick/secsh-wg/2004-dec-09/
It may take a day or so for the ID Editors to get them into the
repository.

* A few nits in the definition of name-list in [ARCH].

* Minor changes to the description for naming key algorithms in [NUMBERS]
and [TRANS].
----------NUMBERS----------
   4.10  Key Exchange Method Names

   The Key Exchange Method Name describes a key-exchange method for the
   protocol [SSH-TRANS].  Note that for historical reasons, the name
   "diffie-hellman-group1-sha1" is used for a key exchange method using
   an Oakley group as defined in [RFC2412].  Subsequently, the Working
   Group attempted to follow the numbering scheme of group numbers from
   [RFC3526] with diffie-hellman-group14-sha1 for the name of the second
   defined name.  This is considered an aberration and should not be
   repeated.  Any future specifications of Diffie-Hellman key exchange
   using Oakley groups defined in [RFC2412] or its successors should be
   performed with care and a bit of research.
----------[TRANS] is very similar---

* Reverted to the prior version of the protocol version exchange in
[TRANS].

* Reverted to "string    user name in ISO-10646 UTF-8 encoding" in various
places in [AUTH], and added a paragraph on normalizing.
----------[AUTH]----------
8.  Password Authentication Method: password
(skip some)

   From an internationalization standpoint, it is desired that if a user
   enters their password the authentication process will work regardless
   of what OS and client software they are using.  Doing so requires
   normalization.  Systems supporting non-ASCII passwords SHOULD always
   normalize passwords and usernames whenever they are added to the
   database, or compared (with or without hashing) to existing entries
   in the database.  SSH implementations that both store the passwords
   and compare them SHOULD use [I-D.ietf-sasl-saslprep] for
   normalization.
----------

Please review and let me know.

Thanks,
Chris