Subject: FYI: draft-ietf.ipr-trademarks-00.txt

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 18:01:28 -0500

There is a new I-D just published proposing a process clarification
on how IETF documents should reference trademarks; if approved by the
IESG, this will remove the largest current obstacle to publication of the
secure shell core documents.

Note that discussions of the specifics of this document are off-topic here; 
if you have comments or concerns about this proposal, discussion should occur on the IETF IPR WG list, [email-masked]

						- Bill

---

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 15:10:37 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

[TRANS] has the following text:

   The "arcfour" is the Arcfour stream cipher with 128 bit keys.  The
   Arcfour cipher is believed to be compatible with the RC4 cipher
   [SCHNEIER].  RC4 is a registered trademark of RSA Data Security Inc.
   Arcfour (and RC4) has problems with weak keys, and should be used
   with caution.

Pursuant to Section 3 of draft-ietf.ipr-trademarks-00.txt I will be
removing the statement of trademark.

==
3. No IPR disclosures in IETF Documents

   To conform to the requirements of RFC 3668, the contribution must not
   include a statement such as "Foo (TM) is a trademark of BarrCo." ...
==

Thanks,
Chris