Subject: subsystem name registry not mentioned in [SSH-NUMBERS]

From: Ben Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:48:17 +0000 (GMT)

While connect-23 says that "Subsystem names follow the DNS extensibility 
naming convention outlined in [SSH-NUMBERS]," it doesn't explicitly state 
that non-DNS-derived names are to be assigned by IANA, and more 
importantly, assignednumbers-10 doesn't instruct IANA to create a registry 
for subsystem names.

I'd propose that an additional section be added to [SSH-NUMBERS] after 
4.9.4 reading:

4.9.5  Connection Protocol Subsystem Names

    There are no initial assignments of Connection Protocol Subsystem
    Names.

-- 
Ben Harris

---

From: [email-masked] (Niels Möller)
Date: 15 Feb 2005 20:35:20 +0100

>     There are no initial assignments of Connection Protocol Subsystem

As far as I'm aware, there's one deployed subsystem name: "sftp". But
perhaps this isn't the right place to specify that? (I'm afraid I lost
track of sftp after the sftp/file-xfer/version exchange discussion
some months ago).

Regards,
/Niels

---

From: Joseph Galbraith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:38:38 -0700

> track of sftp after the sftp/file-xfer/version exchange discussion

It is coming :-)  But slowly :-(

I believe that the registry can be created empty and SFTP will
ammend it.

Thanks,

Joseph