Subject: draft-ietf-secsh-newmodes-04: ready to go forward.

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:49:33 -0400

I haven't seen an announcement come through for newmodes-04 but it looks
like it was posted to the internet-drafts database on Monday.

All the changes from -03 appear to be editorial and match what we've
discussed on this list.  

Based on comments during the last-call period for -03, we have WG
consensus to publish newmodes-04 as a Proposed Standard. 

I'll be preparing a writeup for our AD in the near future.

						- Bill

---

From: Ben Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 22:42:27 +0100

>All the changes from -03 appear to be editorial and match what we've

FWIW, the following comments from my list still apply.

  The abstract mentions [ACM CCS 2002], which doesn't appear in the
  references.

  The key size of cast128-ctr should be specified.
 
  In section 6.2, the phrase "Although there may be networks savings for
  padding to only 8-bytes" should read "Although there may be network savings
  from padding to only 8 bytes".

I'd also mention that the statement of IDEA's block size seems to have been
lost.

None of these is serious enough to be allowed to hold up the standard.

-- 
Ben Harris