Subject: arcfour-fixes now in PuTTY

From: Ben Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 22:27:47 +0100 (BST)

If anyone wants an implementation of my arcfour-fixes draft to test 
against, the development sources of PuTTY now contain one, and it'll be in 
the development snapshots as of tonight's (2005-04-21).

Our download page is at
<http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html>.

If anyone has any comments on the draft, now would be a good time to send 
them since I intend the next version to be the one that goes to the IESG. 
It'll probably rename the ciphers to "arcfour128" and "arcfour256" unless 
someone can come up with a good reason why it shouldn't.

-- 
Ben Harris

---

From: Damien Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 08:39:08 +1000

Ben Harris wrote:
> against, the development sources of PuTTY now contain one, and it'll be 
> in the development snapshots as of tonight's (2005-04-21).
> 
> Our download page is at

There is also a patch for OpenSSH at
http://bugzilla.mindrot.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1022

This will probably make its way in before our next major release.

> If anyone has any comments on the draft, now would be a good time to 
> send them since I intend the next version to be the one that goes to the 
> IESG. It'll probably rename the ciphers to "arcfour128" and "arcfour256" 
> unless someone can come up with a good reason why it shouldn't.

I think that this is a good idea.

-d