Subject: draft-ietf-secsh-scp-sftp-ssh-uri-04.txt

From: "Tom Petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 18:12:21 +0100

Good to see that -04 has made it (after a re-issue of -03).

I think it is fine but could be improved with some minor emendations to the
language, namely

- URL appears nine times - I think URI is better in each case

- 3.3 lacks / as a reserved character which 4.3 I think rightly includes

- s /the/they/ in the last phrase of 3.3 and 4.3

- path-empty could be removed from 2

- 4.5 talks of UTF which is a character encoding scheme or character encoding
syntax, or a transformation format (depending on which standards body you are
in).  I suggest amending the sentence to be

"Path segments SHOULD be represented in the UTF-8 [RFC3629] character
   encoding syntax and clients SHOULD NOT disable UTF-8 encoding on the server
   with the filename-translation-control extension.  "

I note that secsh-filexfer does use  "... MUST send all filenames encoded in
UTF-8" even if the parameter name uses the work translation (unfortunately:-).

Finally, draft-shur-pack-uri-scheme-00.txt gives a new (for me) slant of how to
deal with authority,  path and / - I will be interested to see how it is
received.

Tom Petch