Subject: fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-04.txt

From: "Mark D. Baushke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 18:03:00 -0800

Hi Folks,

I received some comments from Sean Turner and Jeff Hutzelman which have
been incorporated into this new version of the draft.

I know that this code has already been picked up in some open source
implementations of the SSH.

It should be understood that this is NOT the same as the
[email-masked] (I recall that Tectia used a 16-byte HMAC key and
MindTerm used a 20-byte HMAC key and so they were not interoperable).

OpenSSH 5.9 has implemented this draft.

TeraTerm 4.71 has implemented this draft.

WinSSHD has a pre-release build of 5.24 from denis bider to implement
this draft.

PuTTY has a patch from Simon Tatham to implement this draft.

cryptlib has a patch from Peter Gutmann for this draft.

If possible, I would like for members of this list to reach consensus
here that hmac-sha2-256 is a a RECOMMENDED algorithm for SSH.

	Thank you,
	-- Mark

 ------- forwarded message -------
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-04.txt
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 17:28:59 -0800

A new version of I-D, draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-04.txt has been successfully submitted by Mark Baushke and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh
Revision:	 04
Title:		 SHA-2 Data Integrity Verification for the Secure Shell (SSH) Transport Layer Protocol
Creation date:	 2011-11-14
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 5

Abstract:
   This memo defines algorithm names and parameters for use of some of
   the SHA-2 family of secure hash algorithms for data integrity
   verification in the Secure Shell (SSH) protocol.

   This document adds new Message Authentication Code (MAC) algorithms
   to the set defined in RFC 4253 [RFC4253].

The IETF Secretariat