Subject: draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-02 for IETF 82 in Taipei ?

From: "Mark D. Baushke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 15:02:35 -0800

Is anyone going to present the draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-02 (-03?)
to the IETF 82 in Taipei Taiwa Nov 13-18 as a standards or informational
track RFC?

Given multiple implementations (e.g., OpenSSH 5.9, TTSH 2.58,
WinSSHD) supporting SSH2 MAC algorithms: hmac-sha2-256,
hmac-sha2-256-96, hmac-sha2-512, hmac-sha2-512-96 exist, it would seem
at least an informational RFC is desirable.

	-- Mark

---

From: "denis bider \(Bitvise\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 21:59:04 -0600

Thank you for bringing this up.

It would be nice if someone did pick it up, to make it final.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Mark D. Baushke" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2011 17:02
Subject: draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-02 for IETF 82 in Taipei ?

-- Mark

---

From: "Mark D. Baushke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 20:43:39 -0800

Hi Denis,

My understanding is that it is possible to do this all via e-mail rather
than f2f at the IETF 82 meeting...

Reading http://www.ietf.org/tao.html ...

seems to indicate that petitioning the Security Area Advisory Group
(SAAG) could be asked to look at the ietf-ssh mail archives and bring it
up for consideration/arguments on the IETF 82 agenda.

I think you need to re-issue your draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-02 draft
as draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-03 to have one which is not expired
send a notcie to both [email-masked] and [email-masked] with a
subject like:

  draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-03 submission for Draft Standard

A cover email letter pointing at multiple interoperable implementations
means that folks get to argue about the names or the spec a bit, but I
think it is ready to go as-is...

	-- Mark

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Mark D. Baushke" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2011 17:02
Subject: draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-02 for IETF 82 in Taipei ?

-- Mark

---

From: "t.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 11:50:14 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark D. Baushke" <[email-masked]>
To: "denis bider (Bitvise)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 5:43 AM

>   draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-03 submission for Draft Standard

Errr ... no more:-(

RFC6410 abolished Draft Standard, we now have Proposed Standard and Internet
Standard.

You still need the active support of an AD to push things through (not that
RFC6410 mentions that;-).

Tom Petch

---

From: "Mark D. Baushke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 10:09:37 -0800

Be advised that I have augmented and reposted the expired
draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh Inetnet Draft.

text: http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-03.txt
xml:  http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-03.xml
html: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-03
pdf:  http://tools.ietf.org/pdf/draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-03.pdf

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh/

I have added a few sections to get it ready to find a document shepherd
and go to the IESG.

Please let me know if there are any changes you believe should be made
to the document. 

[I have already learned that RFC 2434 has been obsoleted by RFC 5226 and
will fix that in the next draft. I will also be moving the RFC 2104 from
a Normative to an Informational reference.]

	Thank you,
	-- Mark