Subject: Re: adding IUTF8 to encoded terminal modes in SSH Protocol Assigned Numbers

From: Darren Tucker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 14:13:42 +0200

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 7:47 PM, Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]> wrote:
[...]
> Once you have published this as an Internet Draft, bring the discussion back
> to this group.

Hi.  Simon Tatham has written such a draft:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-sgtatham-secsh-iutf8-00.txt

and it is currently implemented it in (and interop tested with) the
development branches of PuTTY and OpenSSH.

-- 
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG key 8FF4FA69 / D9A3 86E9 7EEE AF4B B2D4  37C9 C982 80C7 8FF4 FA69
    Good judgement comes with experience. Unfortunately, the experience
usually comes from bad judgement.

---

From: David Madore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 14:24:45 +0200

> development branches of PuTTY and OpenSSH.

Oh great!  Sign one up for the good old "if you procrastinate enough
on doing something, maybe someone else will do it for you". :-)

-- 
     David A. Madore
   ( http://www.madore.org/~david/ )

---

From: Mouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 09:17:13 -0400 (EDT)

> on doing something, maybe someone else will do it for you". :-)

moussh has supported it via [email-masked]
since 2013-02-05 and has had (on a branch) what the draft describes
since 2013-03-29.  (Well, I think it has.  I have no systems supporting
IUTF8, so it's difficult for me to test either of those.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		[email-masked]
/ \ Email!	     7D C8 61 52 5D E7 2D 39  4E F1 31 3E E8 B3 27 4B