Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-send-psreq-00.txt

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 15:53:32 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 [email-masked] wrote:
> 	Title		: IPv6 Neighbor Discovery trust models and threats
> 	Author(s)	: P. Nikander
> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-send-psreq-00.txt
> 	Pages		: 13
> 	Date		: 2002-10-17
> 	
> The existing IETF standards specify that IPv6 Neighbor Discovery
> and Address Autoconfiguration mechanisms MAY be protected with
> IPsec AH.  However, the current specifications limit the security
> solutions to manual keying due to practical problems faced with
> automatic key management.  This document specifies three different
> trust models and discusses the threats pertient to IPv6 Neighbor
> Discovery.  The purpose of this discussion is to define the
> requirements for Securing IPv6 Neigbor Discovery.

Hopefully the comments aren't completely ignored as the last two times 
(for netaccess-threats).

Anyway..

Substantial:

1) I think there should be another trust model, or s subcategory of one: 
"semi 

Editorial:

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                   not those you stumble over and fall"
Systems. Networks. Security.  -- Robert Jordan: A Crown of Swords

--------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, send email with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
body to <[email-masked]>.
Archive: http://standards.ericsson.net/lists/ietf-send/maillist.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------