Subject: New draft with possible SEND implications

From: "Fred L. Templin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 09:57:36 -0800

Hello,

I recently posted a personal draft that proposes extensions to IPv6
neighbor discovery for operation on IPv6-over-(foo)-over-IPv4 links,
i.e., IPv6 tunneled over IPv4 with arbitrarily-many additional layers
of (foo) encapsulation between. I believe this document could benefit
from comments from the SEND working group regarding mechanisms for
establishing security associations between neighbors. The document
should soon appear in the I-D repository, but is available for
immediate perusal at:

   http://www.geocities.com/osprey67/neighbor_affiliation-01.txt

The document abstract appears below:

Fred Templin
[email-masked]

P.S. The document has also been announced in the IETF V6OPS and
      NGTRANS mailing lists.

Abstract

    This document proposes extensions to IPv6 Neighbor Discovery for
    IPv6-over-(foo)-over-IPv4 links, where (foo) is either an
    encapsulating layer (e.g., UDP) or a NULL layer. It is essentially a
    lightweight, link-layer mechanism for neighbors to establish security
    associations, discover and dynamically re-adjust maximum receive unit
    (MRU) estimates, and perform unreachability detection. The protocol
    makes no attempt to ensure reliable message delivery; this function
    is performed by higher-layer protocols, e.g. TCP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, send email with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
body to <[email-masked]>.
Archive: http://standards.ericsson.net/lists/ietf-send/maillist.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------