Subject: Securely Proxyable CGAs

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:13:58 -0700

I send email a couple weeks ago to MOBOPTS on this, but forgot that people
on this list might be interested too.

The following draft:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kempf-mobopts-ringsig-ndproxy-00.txt

describes an enhancement to SEND that allows CGAs to be securely and
anonymously proxied.

The draft defines how to use Rivest-Shamir-Tauman ring signatures (Asiacrypt
2001) and CGAs generated with multiple keys to allow a router, such as a
Mobile IPv6 home agent, to securely proxy a CGA. Multi-key CGAs allow secure
proxying without revealing from the cryptographic material whether the
mobile node is on or off the link, unlike other secure proxying techniques.

Note that DoCoMo has filed for IPR on this draft, we're working on the
release currently. DoCoMo's policy is to release IPR royality-free if the
draft is approved as an Internet Standard and if the IPR involves
interoperability. I'm recommending that for this case. As far as I
can tell, the Rivest-Shamir-Tauman ring signature algorithm is in
the public domain.

            jak

--------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, send email with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
body to <[email-masked]>.
Archive: http://standards.ericsson.net/lists/ietf-send/maillist.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------