Subject: [sfc] Draft SFC agenda for London

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 19:32:23 -0500

WG,

Below is draft agenda for the London SFC meeting. Note that it is a
draft and we may make changes. (And if you made a request but didn't
get a response from us, please resend it to us in case we missed it.)

The goal for London is to make the best use of face-to-face time. We
are open to suggestions on where we need to spend the most time and on
which topics are the most urgent. 

Note that we have a lot of drafts (20+ by my count) in the general
area of SFC. We obviously can't give them all agenda time. The drafts
that were given agenda time mostly get only 10 minutes. One can't do
much with a ten minute slot, so the goal isn't to present what is in
the draft (folk can presumably read the draft for that). Rather, it is
to help the WG decide what to do with the ID. That is, what should
happen to its content. E.g.:

  - Document has useful content that should be moved into another (WG)
    document. 
  - Good basis for one of the WG documents per the charter (In
    order for that to happen the document needs to be the most
    appropriate out of the collection of related documents)
  - Merge document with one or more other documents, so that combined
    document could become WG document.
  - Useful info, but no need for WG to take on formally, may or may
    not eventually get published as an RFC.
  - Something else... (e.g., too solution oriented for now, defer
    until after the WG has gotten further in its work, etc.)

Agenda below.

Thomas & Jim

IETF89 London SFC Agenda

Total time: 2.5 hours

0.00 Introduction (WG-chairs) - [5 minutes]
	- BBF/IETF SFC Liaison
	- Review of charter priorities

00.05 SFC problem statement discussion - [10 minutes]

      Purpose: Are there any outstanding issues? can we start WGLC
      with goal of sending to IESG [milestone April 2014]

	- Problem statement review (Thomas Nadeau) - [5 minutes]
	  * http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-problem-statement/
	- Problem statement Q&A (open-mic) - [5 minutes]

00:15 SFC use case/requirements discussion (WG-chairs, presenters +
	  open-mic) - [70 minutes] 

      Purpose: Work towards having a single WG document plus a small
      number of more detailed scenario-specific use case documents. No
      need for a document on every possible use case. Further discuss
      SFC requirements and how use cases are driving those
      requirements; do we need an overall document tracking
      requirements?

      Questions to answer:
      
      1) which document should be the overview document, and what use
         cases should it cover? mailing list discussion suggests
         draft-liu-sfc-use-cases as the best candidate to fulfill this
         role.
	 
      2) which documents are worth pursuing as standalone WG documents?

	- SFC use case direction and evolution (WG-chairs) - [10 minutes]

	- SFC use cases (Shucheng Liu) - [10 minutes]
	  * http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-sfc-use-cases/

	- SFC long lived flows use cases (Ramki Krishnan) - [10 minutes]
	  * http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-krishnan-sfc-long-lived-flow-use-cases/

	- SFC mobility use cases (Jeff Napper) - [10 minutes]
	  * http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-haeffner-sfc-use-case-mobility/

	- SFC DC use cases (Surendra Kumar) - [10 minutes]
	  * http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kumar-sfc-dc-use-cases/ 

	- Requirements for SFC (TBD) - [10 minutes]
	  * http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-boucadair-sfc-requirements/

	- SFC use cases/requirements Q&A (open-mic) - [10 minutes]

01:25 SFC architecture discussion (presenters + open-mic) - [30 minutes]

      Purpose: work towards having a single WG document. How do we get
      there? what gaps need filling from other existing documents?

	- SFC architecture (Paul Quinn/Andre Bellevue) - [10 minutes]
	  * http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-quinn-sfc-arch/

	- SFC architecture & framework (Carlos Pignataro) - [10 minutes]
	  * http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-boucadair-sfc-framework/

	- SFC architecture Q&A (open-mic) - [10 minutes]

01:55 Requirements/motivations for encapsulation functionality - [30 minutes]

      Purpose: review requirements for the SFC service encapsulation
      and metadata considerations.

	- Metadata Considerations (Ross Callon) - [10 minutes]
	  * http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rijsman-sfc-metadata-considerations/

	- Network Service Headers (Paul Quinn) - [10 minutes]
	  * http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-quinn-sfc-nsh/

	- Requirements/motivations Q&A (open-mic) - [10 minutes]

02:25 Closing (WG chairs) - [5 minutes]