Subject: [sfc] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sfc-problem-statement-10.txt> (Service Function Chaining Problem Statement) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 13:53:04 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Service Function Chaining WG
(sfc) to consider the following document:
- 'Service Function Chaining Problem Statement'
  <draft-ietf-sfc-problem-statement-10.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-12-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides an overview of the issues associated with the
   deployment of service functions (such as firewalls, load balancers)
   in large-scale environments.  The term service function chaining is
   used to describe the definition and instantiation of an ordered set
   of instances of such service functions, and the subsequent "steering"
   of traffic flows through those service functions.

   The set of enabled service function chains reflect operator service
   offerings and is designed in conjunction with application delivery
   and service and network policy.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-problem-statement/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-problem-statement/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2285/