Subject: [sfc] Alissa Cooper's Abstain on draft-ietf-sfc-problem-statement-10: (with COMMENT)

From: "Alissa Cooper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 12:05:22 -0800

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sfc-problem-statement-10: Abstain

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-problem-statement/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The WG wiki seems like a more logical place to publish the content of
this document. It doesn't seem to really refine the scope of the WG much
beyond what is in the charter; is sufficiently high-level to be
describing a generic technology problem; and lists a number of existing
problems without indicating whether or how the work of the WG is expected
to address them.

I will not stand in the way of publication, but we need not spin up the
IETF machinery for documents like this.