Subject: [sfc] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-homma-sfc-forwarding-methods-analysis-02.txt

From: Shunsuke Homma <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 18:42:23 +0900

Hi all,

We have updated the draft, which describes analysis on forwarding 
methods for service chaining, based on opinions which we got at Dallas 
or from emails. The main changed points of this revision are as follows:

  - Two new authors participated
  - Separated the analysis into data and control plane aspects
  - Added a case study with actual measurement for method 1
  - Sorted the network conditions in section 4.3
  - Added some concrete use cases in mobile networks into section 4.3.2

If you have any opinions or comments, please let us know. We will 
welcome new suggestions!

Best regards,
Shunsuke

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-homma-sfc-forwarding-methods-analysis-02.txt
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 02:30:57 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Alexey Gorbunov <[email-masked]>, Kengo 
<[email-masked]>, Shunsuke Homma 
<[email-masked]>, Alexey Gorbunov 
<[email-masked]>, Nicolai Leymann <[email-masked]>, 
Diego R. Lopez <[email-masked]>, David Dolson 
<[email-masked]>, Diego Lopez <[email-masked]>, 
Kengo Naito <[email-masked]>, David Dolson 
<[email-masked]>, Nicolai Leymann <[email-masked]>, Shunsuke 
Homma <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-homma-sfc-forwarding-methods-analysis-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Shunsuke Homma and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-homma-sfc-forwarding-methods-analysis
Revision:	02
Title:		Analysis on Forwarding Methods for Service Chaining
Document date:	2015-06-08
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		31
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-homma-sfc-forwarding-methods-analysis-02.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-homma-sfc-forwarding-methods-analysis/
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-homma-sfc-forwarding-methods-analysis-02
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-homma-sfc-forwarding-methods-analysis-02

Abstract:
    Some working groups of the IETF and other Standards Developing
    Organizations are now discussing use cases of a technology that
    enables data packets to traverse appropriate service functions
    located remotely through networks.  This is called Service Chaining
    in this document.  (Also, in Network Functions Virtualisation (NFV),
    a subject that forwarding packets to required service functions in
    appropriate order is called VNF Forwarding Graph.)  This draft does
    not focus only on SFC method, and thus, use the term "Service
    Chaining."  SFC may be one of approaches to realize Service Chaining.
    There are several Service Chaining methods to forward data packets to
    service functions, and the applicable methods will vary depending on
    the service requirements of individual networks.

    This document presents the results of analyzing packet forwarding
    methods and path selection patterns for achieving Service Chaining.
    For forwarding data packets to the appropriate service functions,
    distribution of route information and steering data packets following
    the route information, are required.  Examples of route information
    are packet identifier and the routing configurations based on the
    identifier.  Also, forwarding functions are required to decide the
    path according to the route information.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat