Subject: [sfc] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-homma-sfc-forwarding-methods-analysis-04.txt

From: Shunsuke Homma <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 16:55:39 +0900

Hi,

We updated "draft-homma-sfc-forwarding-methods-analysis." We received a 
suggestion about a new method which inserts SPIs/SIs into IPv6 extension 
headers, and added the analysis on the method.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-homma-sfc-forwarding-methods-analysis/

If you have any questions or comments, please let us know.

IMHO, SFC, or forwarding with NSH, is not the only approach to provide 
service oriented packet forwarding. Actually, there are several 
forwarding methods without NSH, and there are some people who think 
additional header is not mandatory. Therefore, I think that this draft 
is useful for showing the advantages of SFC compared with other methods, 
as informational.

I would like to know WG's opinion about this draft.
Please comment if you think this draft is worse discussing as a WG draft?

Thanks,
Shunsuke

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-homma-sfc-forwarding-methods-analysis-04.txt
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 18:59:29 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Alexey Gorbunov <[email-masked]>, Kengo 
<[email-masked]>, Shunsuke Homma 
<[email-masked]>, Nicolai Leymann <[email-masked]>, 
Kengo Naito <[email-masked]>, Diego Lopez 
<[email-masked]>, Diego R. Lopez 
<[email-masked]>, David Dolson <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-homma-sfc-forwarding-methods-analysis-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Shunsuke Homma and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-homma-sfc-forwarding-methods-analysis
Revision:	04
Title:		Analysis on Forwarding Methods for Service Chaining
Document date:	2015-10-09
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		34
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-homma-sfc-forwarding-methods-analysis-04.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-homma-sfc-forwarding-methods-analysis/
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-homma-sfc-forwarding-methods-analysis-04
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-homma-sfc-forwarding-methods-analysis-04

Abstract:
    This document presents the results of analyzing packet forwarding
    methods and path selection patterns for achieving Service Chaining.
    In Service Chaining, data packets need to be forwarded to the
    appropriate service functions deployed in networks based on service
    provided for the packets, and distribution of the service-oriented
    route information and steering data packets following the route
    information would be required.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: "Jim Guichard (jguichar)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 13:20:41 +0000

Hi Shunsuke-san,

I believe this is a very useful document (for informational purposes) so I
would like to encourage you to continue to enhance it.

Jim

On 10/15/15, 3:55 AM, "Shunsuke Homma" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>sfc mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sfc