Subject: [sfc] [Errata Verified] RFC7665 (4528)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 08:12:02 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC7665,
"Service Function Chaining (SFC) Architecture". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7665&eid=4528

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Igor Duarte Cardoso <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2015-11-09
Verified by: Alia Atlas (IESG)

Section: 6

Original Text
-------------
packets at certain points on certain service chains, the control
mechanism MUST verify that appropriate protective treatment of
NSH information is available from the point where the
information is added to the point where it will be removed.  If
such mechanisms are unavailable, error notifications SHOULD be
generated.

Corrected Text
--------------
packets at certain points on certain service chains, the control
mechanism MUST verify that appropriate protective treatment of
SFC encapsulation information is available from the point where the
information is added to the point where it will be removed.  If
such mechanisms are unavailable, error notifications SHOULD be
generated.

Notes
-----
NSH has not been introduced earlier in the document. Moreover, the reference to NSH itself seems to have been a tiny mistake that slipped.
The corrected text replaces NSH with SFC encapsulation.

--------------------------------------
RFC7665 (draft-ietf-sfc-architecture-11)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Service Function Chaining (SFC) Architecture
Publication Date    : October 2015
Author(s)           : J. Halpern, Ed., C. Pignataro, Ed.
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : Service Function Chaining
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG