Subject: Re: [sfc] #4 (nsh): Reuse the IPFIX registry for identifying context types

From: "sfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 21:42:19 -0000

#4: Reuse the IPFIX registry for identifying context types

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix

Comment:

 Reply:  The 400+ IPFIX information elements were created for a protocol
 for IP Flow Information Export, and thus it would not be optimal to reuse
 as there are many unneeded things. Consensus seems to want to prioritize
 precision over blind reuse.  I do not plan to update the draft and suggest
 that this item be marked as resolved in the tracker.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-sfc-
  [email-masked]       |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:
Component:  nsh                      |     Version:
 Severity:  -                        |  Resolution:  wontfix
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sfc/trac/ticket/4#comment:2>
sfc <https://tools.ietf.org/sfc/>