Subject: [sfc] Security in SFC -- the rough structure

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 08:30:01 +0200

Hi all,

I have the task to look for the security in SFC and in its parts, as 
probably noted during the last SFC session in Berlin.

Here a few words about the intended structure for the security in SFC 
(which has been proven to be effective in many other WGs):

Each document has its own Security Considerations section and has to 
detail the specific attack vectors possible and possible mitigations for 
the technical solution outlined in such a particular document. It is not 
sufficient to just say look elsewhere for any answer to security 
considerations. It can be ok to cite other existing work for parts of 
the solution.

Furhter, there is the design team (and you as working group) that should 
be working on the overall security considerations. Currently this is 
being worked on in draft-mglt-sfc-security-environment-req.
This document should consider the whole system of SFC with all its parts 
and describe attack vectors and possible mitigations to these.

There is also the need to document the relationships between the various 
attackes and mitigations in the overall security considertations.

Regards,

   Martin

   (SFC co-chair)