Subject: Re: [sfc] #21 (nsh): MD#1 Interoperability text (Proposed by Lucy)

From: "sfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2016 15:39:07 -0000

#21: MD#1 Interoperability text (Proposed by Lucy)

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 An updated version of the text proposal:

 ==
 This specification does not make any assumption about the content placed
 in the mandatory context field of the NSH header. Further, the NSH header
 does not reveal the structure of the data included in the mandatory
 context field.

 An SFC-aware SF MUST receive the data extraction schema first in order to
 get the data placed in the mandatory context field. How an SFC-aware SF
 gets that data extraction schema is outside the scope of this
 specification.

 Upon receiving an NSH MD#1 packet, if the SFC-aware SF is configured to
 use metadata but does not yet receive the data extraction schema for the
 mandatory context field, it MUST NOT process the packet and MUST log this
 error.
 ==

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-sfc-
  [email-masked]       |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:
Component:  nsh                      |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sfc/trac/ticket/21#comment:1>
sfc <https://tools.ietf.org/sfc/>