Subject: [sfc] Fwd: [rfc-i] The RFC Format docs are now RFCs

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 15:44:27 -0500

The RFCs described the intended evolution of the RFC Format are, as per 
the notice from Heather below, now available.  Please take a look.

The IESG has indicated that as the tooling development progress, they 
will allow these features in IDs.  They also note that early testing is 
obviously welcome.

Yours,
Joel

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[rfc-i] The RFC Format docs are now RFCs
Date: 	Fri, 16 Dec 2016 09:14:27 -0800
From: 	Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked], [email-masked]

Hello all,

The RFC Format requirements documents were published this morning. This 
represents an enormous amount of work on the part of the RFC Format 
Design Team, and an enormous amount of patience and feedback from the 
community. Of course, the work isn't quite done - all of these RFCs will 
undergo a -bis cycle so we can document the "as built" instead of just 
the "as proposed." But regardless of the amount of work still to come, 
this is a big milestone for the project!

So, thank you all, and stay tuned for the next steps of code 
development, testing, and collecting feedback!

-Heather Flanagan, RSE

The RFC Format Design Team:

   * Nevil Brownlee (ISE)
   * Heather Flanagan (RSE)
   * Tony Hansen
   * Joe Hildebrand
   * Paul Hoffman
   * Ted Lemon
   * Julian Reschke
   * Adam Roach
   * Alice Russo
   * Robert Sparks (Tools Team liaison)
   * Dave Thaler

The RFCs, in suggested reading order:

   * "RFC Format Framework " - https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7990
   * "The "xml2rfc" Version 3 Vocabulary" -
     https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7991
   * "HTML Format for RFCs" - https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7992
   * "Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) Requirements for RFCs" -
     https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7993
   * "Requirements for Plain-Text RFCs" -
     https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7994
   * "PDF Format for RFCs" - https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7995
   * "SVG Drawings for RFCs: SVG 1.2 RFC" -
     https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7996
   * "The Use of Non-ASCII Characters in RFCs" -
     https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7997
   * ""xml2rfc" Version 3 Preparation Tool Description" -
     https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7997